UK Border Agency Gets Tough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Tenant goes for (usual) monthy visit to UKBA office in Solihull, having applied for asylum.

One hour to make calls to solicitor and landlord.
Not allowed to return to property to collect anything.
Moved to (as yet) unknown deportation centre for 24 hrs max.
Deported tomorrow.

Gone.

I don't have a positive or negative view as yet (it only happened a few hours ago) other than he's always been a polite, deeply religious (Christian) regular payer, who I'd grown to like.

He's going to call me when at the deportation centre.

He was aware they had turned down his application.

I have everything he owns, including all his clothes, shoes, laptop, printer, television, stereo etc. etc.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the Landlord isn't particularly thrilled...

I'm guessing that the Landlord isn't particularly thrilled...

Well, it leaves me with a void, albeit his rent is in credit, but in the scheme of his problems...........

Once he's in the detention centre, he's supposed to have 72 hours to appeal.

We had an episode recently where an employee didn't turn up for work. As he hold the current version of a work permit we have to inform the UKBA after 10 days. We eventually found him, paid his hotel bill and, in conjunction with the UKBA, arranged for him to be "collected" by the agency. We booked his flight home, based on info from the UKBA, but were then told that all detainees have a final 72 hour period in which to launch an appeal. Fortunately we'd ought a flexible ticket.

I'm hoping his brief will know all this - my guy is just confused. He tells me the process has changed recently, perhaps in light of the UKBA getting such a bad press recently about not knowing who is in and who is out.

The biggest problem is his stuff, followed by accessing his deposit monies to cover any expenses. Utilities and Council Tax will have to go back into your name in the void period. Then finding a new tenant. Since he seemed to be nice and was straight? with you perhaps assist him with his belongings but don't dip into your own funds - use his. Get a new tenant. Whilst inconvenient, its not a horror story.

The biggest problem is his stuff, followed by accessing his deposit monies to cover any expenses. Utilities and Council Tax will have to go back into your name in the void period. Then finding a new tenant. Since he seemed to be nice and was straight? with you perhaps assist him with his belongings but don't dip into your own funds - use his. Get a new tenant. Whilst inconvenient, its not a horror story.

Thanks D,

My concern is for him, not the void, which just goes with the turf.

His deposit is with the DPS and with his consent, I'll be able to access it, as all his paperwork is at my disposal.

I have everything he owns, including all his clothes, shoes, laptop, printer, television, stereo etc. etc.

Sure has bought a lot of stuff in the belief that he will be allowed to stay.

Anything good ?

Sure has bought a lot of stuff in the belief that he will be allowed to stay.

Anything good ?

Ha - he's been working for the duration of his visa, claiming no benefits, but he lived frugally.

What size shoes are they John?

I'm after a pair of slip-on brogues in an eleven, just asking on the off chance that is your tenants style.

What size shoes are they John?

I'm after a pair of slip-on brogues in an eleven, just asking on the off chance that is your tenants style.

SPX, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for posting that.

I mean, slip-on shoes? Whatever next!

£100 for the lappy.

It is one of those things I guess. I feel sorry for him, you change country, try to make a life, get on with stuff, get moved on. So it goes.

I hope you manage to get his stuff back to him okay.

the issue is the 155.000 that the UKBA has lost. So when a single person shows up who appears through his/her honesty then they become an easy target. I would really much rather hear about those that have no intent on doing anything apart from living off earnings of others.

In short, I fear that that for every individual that is brought to book another five will simply fade away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom