UK house prices to crash as global asset prices unravel -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm glad that I have no plans to downsize.

Good news for those who wish to upsize or first time buyers.

Thankfully I sold my extensive property portfolio, gold bars and sunseeker and put the money into numerous C63 Black Series, penny shares and an egg farm.

What could possibly go wrong?

Those who will find themselves in negative equity may be the losers , but for the rest its not that important, and for some to their advantage,so no big deal.its become the norm.

Are we saying that the tossers haven't learned the lessons of 2008?

54000 £2million+ flats all coming to the market in South London this year might be the catalyst for the 40% everyone has been waiting for?

Thankfully they were marketed mainly at wealthy foreign criminals, who are now turning out to be not as wealthy as first thought.

It would be nice to think they could be used as much needed social housing, but they'll just sit empty or half finished until the next boom.

That said now the Chinese economy is circling the plughole, all those student lets developed for minted up Chinese students in the West Midlands may well end up full of assylum seekers instead.

Same thing may happen to over priced classic cars?

54000 £2million+ flats all coming to the market in South London this year might be the catalyst for the 40% everyone has been waiting for?

Thankfully they were marketed mainly at wealthy foreign criminals, who are now turning out to be not as wealthy as first thought.

It would be nice to think they could be used as much needed social housing, but they'll just sit empty or half finished until the next boom.

That said now the Chinese economy is circling the plughole, all those student lets developed for minted up Chinese students in the West Midlands may well end up full of assylum seekers instead.

Cheery as usual Nick. :D

I have thought for some time the whole thing cars, property and shares are due for a big re-adjustment it's just when.
Smart people have kept cash back for such an occasion, who knows I may just find a person who has overstretched himself buying an SLS on drip feed.

Those who will find themselves in negative equity may be the losers , but for the rest its not that important, and for some to their advantage,so no big deal.its become the norm.

On the contrary, considering homeowners and aspiring homeowners are the single largest political force in this country, it becomes everybody's problem.

The cynic in me says that a stable stockmarket with no movement makes no money for traders. Its in their interest to de-stabilise the market where rapid falls or growth generates income. Since the whole thing is an artificial construct where value is not an absolute but based on confidence its easy to destabilise it particularly in todays environment of electronic trading.

Nothing is going to happen. A click-bate article IMO.

We are a nation of home owners and aspiring home owners, that wont' change in 12 months.

So long as there is demand, the prices will stay strong. The rate of capital growth may slow or stagnate, but there will not be a crash.

We live on an island with a finite amount of surface area. The more houses that are built, the less land there is to go around, so prices go up in the long term. Short term supply may help the slow down in capital growth.

"Death of buy-to-let". Good Lord what utter rubbish! The governments latest, and planned, changes in btl are to remove accidental landlords, and pensioner landlords who, frankly, haven't got a clue what the are doing.

For professional investors who invest for monthly cash flow life goes on. People who invest for capital growth, really, with respect, need to evaluate their strategy as its like investing in lottery tickets...

Will house prices be lower in real terms in 20-30 years time? No. Will inflation have eroded the real value of the interest only mortgages they have? Yes. So nothing changes. People still need homes, if they can't afford to buy, they rent.

Last edited:
How can there be a housing price crash when so many foreigners are so rescourceful in entering the country? They will all need somewhere to live.

Supply and demand will make sure prices stay high, we've only got a fixed amount of land...

Last edited:
On the contrary, considering homeowners and aspiring homeowners are the single largest political force in this country, it becomes everybody's problem.

If we adopt negativity, everything in life becomes a problem, all problems have a solution,
Nothing of what we're talking, has not happened before, and will no doubt happen again,
That doesn't make it right or wrong, or a problem, that's life. As I said some will win, some will lose and others will stay as was, so for most of the electorate in my view, 2 out of 3 No problem.Carry on regardless. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom