UK vs German facelift E212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ima poster

Car
2011 E250CDI BE Sport Edition 125
I was looking at the dimensions of the C-class just now as I parked my S212 estate next to an E-class coupe and was surprised at how much smaller it was. Checking the dimensions, it is actually a C-class; but that is an aside. What I notices was that the dimension drawings have a proper Mercedes-Benz Grille and the bonnet star. So I had a look at the German site for the C & E-class and guess what, you can get the new E with the traditional grille and it completely transforms the car into something special. As the grille and star are not LHD/RHD specific, and require little more than the decision to bolt one or the other onto the car, why do we have to have to have the could-be-any-car-on-the -road sports grill here with not even an option for the traditional one?

why do we have to have to have the could-be-any-car-on-the -road sports grill here with not even an option for the traditional one?

UK marketing decision. It basically means the UK gets only hard suspension options and the sports grill.

UK customers are as much to blame for this nonsense as the marketing professionals targeting them. And it doesn't just affect MB.

Its been like this for many years.... the W204 had other versions in Germany too that we didn't get.

Wrong decision for the UK.. i for one can not stand the huge stars on bonnets of 4 door cars

There was a tread about changing from the sporty front where Id offered to post the part numbers of the bumper and grill .
Only on reading this did I remember I never posted these numbers

The bumper shell is A 212 880 25 47 9999 , this is of a shell with parking sensors ,

the grill number is A 212 880 13 83

Hopefully this is helpful to some members

great if dealers would do this for a small £.
I'd be interested in the non sports front and 17 inch tyres... i think the new front end looks grafter on... but then i drive an Elegance.

Its only the outter shell that needs changing , not the whole bumper . The parts come to about 500 euro IIRC .

Ive swaped a few over so far , ill be changing one next week and I will be able to double check then .

Its only the outter shell that needs changing , not the whole bumper . The parts come to about 500 euro IIRC .

Ive swaped a few over so far , ill be changing one next week and I will be able to double check then .

have you got some pics for the change please

I do not agree that the whole bumper doesnt need changing. im enlightened.

my understanding is the bumper, grill and mounts need changing..

to change over from the star grill to the proper one, you need to change the entire bumper as the proper grill covers over the top of the bumper, whilst star grill is an insert

I swaped over a bumper , the centre inner support needs to be changed also , the side supports , lower grill and side grills will swap over .

The part number for this support section is 212 885 39 65

So to recap to change the front from the UK style to the Elegance style the parts needed are

Bumper shell
Grill
Inner support , centre section
Bonnet Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom