Unaccompanied test drives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mizzat

Car
Mercedes S320
Follwoing on from another thread, how often do dealers let you on an unaccompanied test drive. What influence would that have on your decision to purchase from that particular dealer.

My experience: only one out of 5 delaers within 20 miles radius of me let me out unaccompanied (HL Gorner of Wigan: sadly no longer a MB dealer). I popped to the premises without previous appointment, fancied a monstrous looking ML Brabus D4 with all the body kit. The salesperson handed over the keys. Shop shuts at 5 he said, just bring it back in time. That was not a once off. Same thing about a year earlier in an SLK. Great place, sadly now mostly selling TVR (as well as Brabus).

Steve

Wonder how cheap I can book an easyjet flight from Belfast to Leeds and check this dealership out? They sound fabulous! A real credit to the trade methinks!

They were good with faithful local following. Sadly they have lost the MB franchise. The test drive in the D4 was only a couple of months ago, so they still have insurance cover I think.

Mind you, that was one awful car to drive. Anyone else tried one?

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom