Unbelievable Estimate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I still can't get round why a visit wasn't paid to the other car to strip the bits before it went to the scrapper.

I can't help being reminded that this is the car that was put up for sale on a Yo-Yo basis for three months.
Was that a part of the decision making process?

Protected no claims discount will still mean a higher premium next year, the premium will go up, but the percentage discount will remain.

£100 for bits off the scrapper would have seen both parties happy. Tony gets his car fixed for next to nothing, the other member gets an additional £100.

Plus the car being scrapped was only in Birmingham from memory? A couple of hours of unbolting a door, bumpers, a mirror and swopping over a wheel would have had most of the described damage sorted, his excess was £200 anyway!

I would have gone for swapping parts, then any additional damage or paint I could have provided the name of somewhere to take it to that does a cheap, but seemingly good, job.

I'm seeing 2+2 = 5 here.

I would have gone for swapping parts, then any additional damage or paint I could have provided the name of somewhere to take it to that does a cheap, but seemingly good, job.

I'm seeing 2+2 = 5 here.

Not sure mathematics is his strong point:D

£3700 thats stupid.
i paid £600 for a full respray.. what a wast of a good car :(

Slightly off subject could you share the bodyshop that did a full respray for £600
I am localish to you and my Range Rover has been keyed.
Cheers

If the wheel took a hit that's big enough to require its replacement, is it possible that the suspension on that side is also damaged?

It was not a big hit just a small glancing blow. The brickwork i hit was very old and not in a good state of repair. none the less i had to pay my land lord to fix it and it took him about 4 hours and half a dozen bags of cement. thought it was quite cheap.

It was not a big hit just a small glancing blow. The brickwork i hit was very old and not in a good state of repair. none the less i had to pay my land lord to fix it and it took him about 4 hours and half a dozen bags of cement. thought it was quite cheap.

Can he do car bodywork? If yes I would watch his choice of filler though:D

150kg of cement ?

You knocked half the house down ?

Hahhhhhh Silly Boys. small bags of ready mixed cement.

Having the total loss team phone me in a couple of days and I'm going to take it from there. I am restricted in my options through lack of funds else it will all be sorted by now. Getting another estimate from different repairers isn't an option as my insurance company wouldn't agree to pay them just the authorised repairers And as i say funds are lacking at the moment. Cheers, Tony.

Tony, I've enjoyed your threads about your car...but is this a wind up? Why not post photos of the damage so we can stop all the guessing?

We know you have a camera...since you do show a pic of your car in your sig..so come on...get the finger out.

Take a settlement with title to the car,it will probably go cat c,fix it with the settlement
fund,get it VOSA checked(identity) and use it.Brace yourself when insurance renewal is due though.

If you take the car back it will not be categorised at all there will be no record on log book of it being damaged

If u have lack of funds this is surely your best
optional You get to keep ur car which is drivable and they will give you a settlement too

So you still have the least rusty w202 in the land and probably a little over a grand in your back pocket

thanks Hondo. That's more like the encouraging type of reply i like need. Cheers, Tony.

thanks Hondo. That's more like the encouraging type of reply i like need. Cheers, Tony.

To be fair you have had a number of encouraging responses.

Are you going to post photographs as a number of members have suggested? This, as has been pointed out, coudl help you to get the parts and help to fix the car.

Well i would take some photo's but don't have a camera, and before anyone says well you've got pictures of you car on here well they are ones that were emailed to me when i was buying the car.Cheers, Tony,

If you take the car back it will not be categorised at all there will be no record on log book of it being damaged

If you take a cash settlement it won't get recorded, but if they write it off and you buy it back it will end up a cat c or d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom