Unbelievable Estimate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well i would take some photo's but don't have a camera, and before anyone says well you've got pictures of you car on here well they are ones that were emailed to me when i was buying the car.Cheers, Tony,

Virtually every mobile 'phone has a camera, if not I am sure friends / relatives will certainly have access to one that you could borrow or have them take the pictures for you.

Many people have offered suggestions and from those, as has been said, may spring some help to get your "pride and joy" back on the road. There does seem more than a little reluctance to post pictures though!

Last edited:
As with many others here, I am quite confused. There is a reluctance to provide pictures of the alleged damage, whilst there have been numerous good suggestions and offers of help.

As many menbers know - and have seen - my coupe was given a quality respray (all trim and body parts removed) two new wings, a windscreen, five refurbished wheels and numerous dings removed or pulled out for less than Tony's quote.

To some it may not make financial sense but when you've got a relatively rust-free and reliable car why risk spending a heap of cash on an unknown quantity. Yes, I spent as much - or more - than my car might be worth, but it actually owes me nothing.

Would an outlay of £5-7k on a replacement motor guarantee getting something measurably better than the devil you know?

Virtually every mobile 'phone has a camera, if not I am sure friends / relatives will certainly have access to one that you could borrow or have them take the pictures for you.

I have a box of 10 year old Nokia's at work, all with Camera's not great 1.3mp. Tony your welcome to have one for free if you like?

Let me know where you are Tony and I'll come and take a picture when passing.

It's ok , I popped round earlier and took one !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 103
Catastrophic in Tony's case.

A couple of scrapes and dented door are not likely to see the insurance company saying sorry sir your car is written off, in which case it would go to the insurance company's contracted salvage /breakers yard and only the highest bidder would buy the car back

No amount of damage will deem a car written off if it would be cheaper to repair it than for the insurance to pay out ,it's your car tony if you say you want to keep it who can say otherwise ,it won't be a write off until you except a £ only settlement !

Sounds a right load of C0ck n Bull this story!

Can't be ****d with time wasting 'Jackanory' wannabee's! :rolleyes:

It is rather odd that despite many offers to help, to take pictures, even the offer of a free 'phone with camera the OP has, so far seemingly ignored the polite requests for photographic evidence.

I still cannot equiate the "minor" damage described as costing £3700 but that besides there have been several offers of the correct parts in the correct colour only a few miles away and other offers of help and much good advice.

You can only help people if they are willing to help themselves!

Well my car has been to repairers and they want £3700.00 for a small amount of body work. Dented passenger door, slightly scuffed front and rear bumpers and a new wheel. I was expecting it to be no more than £600.00. Looks like i'll have to say goodbye to my beautiful w202 c280

Tony, i just saw you are in leicestershire. I remember reading about a guy who would paint your entire car for a few hundred pounds. Surely if you can get a decent car door and bumper from ebay you can have him spray it for maybe a couple hundred? Ill try and find out who he is.

Last edited:
Right well all sorted now with insurance company. Its been deemed a cat 3 now so I've bought the car back for pennies and am getting a cheque for £720 as well. Going to fix it myself in the summer as don't want to get rid of her. Thanks for all the help and advice and thanks for the offers so far for parts but i just didn't have the funds to pay for them at the time but will in a couple of weeks. Cheers, Tony.

hopefully Howard there will be some left over to buy one. Cheers, Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom