Undecided on which boots to choose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coruscator

Car
w209 2004 clk 270 cdi avantgarde
My baby had her MOT yesterday and came back with 3 advisories, oh no!

All 3 of them were for tyres. Oh yeah! :0)

Gotta love a 12 year old car that still aces her annual check-up eh?

AMGeed, it looks like I'm gonna be getting those Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 2's
sooner than I thought.

But I'm still undecided.

I'm really happy with the Contisport5's I have on her now.

I've read good reviews about them, and have (gladly) experienced their excellent stopping ability.
Saved me more than a few times from rear ending someone. :thumb:

The trouble is they haven't even lasted me a year. Although I did do 18k miles since my last MOT.

What is the average mileage for a decent set of boots?

Why should I choose Asymmetrics 2's over Contisport5's?

No. Choose the Leave boots!

Er, what??

I've been really happy with the goodyears and they've lasted well circa 25-30k on the Mrs car previous contis only got 14k (granted I drive it more then ;) ) they're due for renewal soon and I'll buy the same again great feel and grip in both wet and dry and don't scrabble as much on a quick take off.

As long as they aren't football boots then you should be fine ......

I've been really happy with the goodyears and they've lasted well circa 25-30k on the Mrs car previous contis only got 14k (granted I drive it more then ;) ) they're due for renewal soon and I'll buy the same again great feel and grip in both wet and dry and don't scrabble as much on a quick take off.

Yeah more miles does sound like the better option and would suit my wallet too.

Especially as it looks like its gonna cost just south of £500 :0(

I don't drive erratically but I don't like to hang around either. I had hoped to
get more than 18k out of them tho. Is this average?

I always choose Lucchese but I may have misunderstood the thread :D

No. Choose the Leave boots!

Er, what??

As long as they aren't football boots then you should be fine ......

Calling tyres boots causes quite a stir then? Who knew? :0)

Calling tyres boots causes quite a stir then? Who knew? :0)

Not at all. I always accepted it was a well known term for vehicle tyres.

Imo, as for which tyres, just get any of the top premium brands within or below your budget. And no matter which brand you do decide upon the car will feel a whole lot better, so you can't go wrong bar driving like a lunatic in the wet.

The Eagles F1's replaced Contisports on my S204, car is much quieter on Eagles yet road holding etc is excellent wet or dry. Go for them, you won't regret it - and check Tyreleader for prices.

I switched from Michelin PS2s to GYF1A2s as I prefer all elements of the Good Year tyres over the Michelins - not to mention the price.

I've never run Contis on my Merc but I tend to stick with tyres I am happy with as I feel you are stuck with them for a while if you've made a duff decision.

I did run Contis on a Saab 9-5 Aero HOT I had before and I wasn't impressed.

If you are happy with Contis, I would stick with them.

If not, I don't think you will be disappointed either.

I can only dream of 18k miles on any set of tyres - only you can really compare GY vs Conti as your situation will be different to everyone else.

If you can't decide, toss a coin (seriously) or just go on price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom