undervoltage consumer detective warnings.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarcelKan

Car
C200 Kompressor
Good day everyone. I've got the warning message on my car dashboard 'under voltage consumer detective' when I drives the car about few miles from start. Could it be the battery or the alternator problems?? Thanks.

It could be either, if you have a multimeter check the battery voltage with the engine off and with no electrical load and then with the engine running. If you do not have a meter or are unsure any garage should be able to check it for you

Engine off and no load should give around 13 volts with a charged battery, engine on should give somewhere in the range of 14.2- 14.4 volts

How old is the battery?

Last edited:
Checked with the multimeter, got these readings. Engine off 12.3v and running is 11.29v. Oh dear perhaps the alternator is gone..the battery is 5 years old.

Checked with the multimeter, got these readings. Engine off 12.3v and running is 11.29v. Oh dear perhaps the alternator is gone..the battery is 5 years old.

5 years is not a bad lifespan for some batteries these days, which can be easily shortened by a deep discharge.

If battery is OK more likely to be the control pack on your altenator rather than the altenator per se.

Just to update. Changed the alternator and fitted new battery. All problem sorted. Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom