Unusual Colour Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
First one I've seen anyway! Very nice :thumb:

IMG_20160622_135649_zps27tkkmjy.jpg

It's an "A" class in Elbaite Green. Quite a few on MB used car site.

Last edited:
Great colour, never seen one before. Wonder why so many up for sale second hand?

How often do you see a Green car on the road ??

Very rarely, my father always maintained they were unlucky.

Unfortunately, he was proven correct when my green SEAT was twice side-swiped at roundabouts, the other drivers both said they didn't see me!!!

Unusual colour that's for sure. Only ever seen 1 and it hangs around MB Blackpool. Personally I like it. For some reason green was always seen as unlucky as a car colour - certainly my mate wont buy a green car cos he can never sell them, so the stigma still hangs around today. Could be that its invisible on the road as some colours seem to be.

I had a British Racing Green company car once, I hated it and it was stolen 3 times.

Once it went on a Friday night from outside my house and I never noticed until Monday morning, another time it went AWOL for 2 weeks and I drove past where it had been abandoned every day and never saw it. I think that I hated it so much that I had blocked it from my mind.

On the plus side the first time it was stolen some kids drove it down a river which failed to stop the rotten thing which I did have a grudging respect for.

Scooby_Doo said:
How often do you see a Green car on the road ??

I have a (very dark) green S210, which was preceded by a dark green E34 5 Series Touring. Not a fixation with green cars, just found two good ones (10 years and 5 years ownership) that happened to be green.

Nothing wrong with a green car as far as I'm concerned - though that bright A class maybe a little too much

Last edited:
I had a 1998 A3 1.8 T in Cactus green, looked absolutely stunning when clean in the sunshine (twice for 2 mins in 7 years!)

I like that. I like green. Rare colour. Had a dark green vec b gsi v6 way back that was a lovely colour.

Erm, see left (or above on a tablet it would seem) I see a green car quite frequently...

Oldguy, is the one you see in Blackpool Designo Electric Green? I'm told someone in the entertainment business up there has a larger Merc in the same shade as mine.

Last edited:
Green cars seem to fetch less ? I have had 3 green car's M3 & a Dolomite sprint , both were hard to sell? 1st green car was a P5 V8 Rover coupe, British racing green with a Silver birch roof, the phone rang off the hook for that one. I remember back in 1972 a friend had a Tr5is which was British racing green & it was considered a huge bonus back then. Maybe they were considered unlucky in green because most of the racing/sports cars were B/green & used to crash Lol

. For some reason green was always seen as unlucky as a car colour - certainly my mate wont buy a green car cos he can never sell them, so the stigma still hangs around today. Could be that its invisible on the road as some colours seem to be.

Same applies to boats. Big superstition still persists about owning a green boat.

Had a green Rover 800, quite rare as said before believed to be unlucky, wasn't for me though.

Collecting my E class in Kallaite Green on Saturday. Actually looks more dark blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom