Updated Command Sat Nav disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Hi, evening

I have seen a 2013/14 (genuine they say) Command disc on Ebay but its TomTom maps, not the Tele Atlas one I have on my 2009 DVD disc

Packaging states its good for a 2009 CLK - did MB change maps and do they remain compatible?

Advice appreciated - thanks

Fabes

Tom-tom bought Teleatlas ages ago.

The other main manufacturer of maps used in cars was Navteq, they then rebranded to Ovi, then Nokia bought them and they became 'Here'. Then in August , Audi, BMW and Mercedes got together and bought Here from Nokia,

But strangely Mercedes have switched back to using Tom-tom mapping on some of its latest map disks...

Cheers

Richard

Checked the maps version in my 2012 C220 and I'm on V4.0 - 2011 :doh:

Looks like i'll be looking for a new disc

antc220 said:
Checked the maps version in my 2012 C220 and I'm on V4.0 - 2011 :doh: Looks like i'll be looking for a new disc

How do we go about checking this?

I'll pop out this afternoon and write it down as I found the option by chance.

Checked the maps version in my 2012 C220 and I'm on V4.0 - 2011 :doh:

Looks like i'll be looking for a new disc

Firstly, if you have COMAND, 2012 cars should have been updated for 3 years for free by MB dealer during servicing

Secondly, if its a MY2012 (i.e facelift with the fixed display screen) you have NTG4.5 - you need a disk set AND a vehicle specific PIN code which is generated (and charged for) by Mercedes. For the 1st 3 years that is free, after that the system automatically charges the MB dealer for generating the PIN.

If your car is still under 3 years old, get down to MB dealer before it hits 3 years. At a minimum go to the parts department and get the PIN number before the 3 years.

I'm expecting a new NTG4.5 map soon(ish), its been a while since the last one, so if you're having to pay for this, it may be worth holding off. But you can never tell when Mercedes will really release it, they announce after its available.

Cheers

Richard

Firstly, if you have COMAND, 2012 cars should have been updated for 3 years for free by MB dealer during servicing

Secondly, if its a MY2012 (i.e facelift with the fixed display screen) you have NTG4.5 - you need a disk set AND a vehicle specific PIN code which is generated (and charged for) by Mercedes. For the 1st 3 years that is free, after that the system automatically charges the MB dealer for generating the PIN.

If your car is still under 3 years old, get down to MB dealer before it hits 3 years. At a minimum go to the parts department and get the PIN number before the 3 years.

I'm expecting a new NTG4.5 map soon(ish), its been a while since the last one, so if you're having to pay for this, it may be worth holding off. But you can never tell when Mercedes will really release it, they announce after its available.

Cheers

Richard

If i get the PIN from parts, will i be able to get an update from COMMAND online? how much will they cost?

On the map screen go to NAVI option (top left) then scroll down the menu to the last option called Map Version.

This may be a silly question, but are commands that are compatible with old w208 clks able to be updated with new maps or are they now more or less useless?

Ended up buying a genuine 2013/14 disc from a chap on EBay

It's been in a couple of days now, correctly picked up a couple of local routes and done "an update"

2008/09 disc now on Ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom