Upgrade wheels on ML63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OCD BAL

Car
ML63 AMG
Has anyone had experience of changing the stock 20 inch AMG 5 spoke alloys to anything bigger? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 22"
285/35/22
fb9e61c675936c4f19ebff6ae86d6467.jpg

Those Lorinsers really do look the part..suit the ML so well..I want them!

I can only imagine! I had very similar looking ones on my 190E 2.3-16V back in the day..cost a small fortune back then..

Useful link, thanks! Expensive alright!

(This might be a stupid q)Do you guys inform your insurance co. when you change to non oem mb alloys?

We have 295/35 21 summer tyres and 295/40 20 winter tyres on our W164. The 21s are a pretty wheel but the deeper dish on the 20s looks great to my eyes:

bobby-dazzler-albums-dazzler-fleet-picture6447-ml63-amg-brindley-place-birmingham.jpg

bobby-dazzler-albums-w164-ml63-amg-caravan-picture9612-ml63-amg.jpg

The deep dish on the 20's is certainly defined by the diamond cut. My 20's are not as cool.. have been quoted £500 to have them refurbed diamond cut by First Aid Wheels in Hampstead.

I have a set of Kahn RSR wheels (as posted by Alienator) coming up for sale if you are interested.
Sent you an email.

Thanks Abb, nice Kahn wheels but not my cup of tea

How do you guys with 22" wheels get on with the potholed roads we have to put up with these days? Any damage, or just more rattles?

I changed my 19" wheels for 18" because it was just too rattly and crashed into every pothole. And it's still too crashy!

I guess I must be getting old, I don't remember even noticing if a car had a bad ride in my youth, but I sure do now!

Obviously, I still want my cars to handle (even the W164), but I can no longer ignore having my fillings shaken-out...

When I had my 63 with 22's I repaired them 2 times professionally and I know that Olly did similar.... Great looking in that size but shocking on the UK roads.... The ride wasnt bad as my 63 ran on air suspension....

BaldGuy said:
When I had my 63 with 22's I repaired them 2 times professionally and I know that Olly did similar.... Great looking in that size but shocking on the UK roads.... The ride wasnt bad as my 63 ran on air suspension....

21" is the way forward for a large looking wheel.

285 30 22 that most people run just cause cracking on the wheels. I used to get it on my Range Rover.

I ran 21's on it after that with no issues. I ran 275/45/21 which keeps the ride spot on.

So on an ML63 you'd probably run a 285 40 21

So on an ML63 you'd probably run a 285 40 21

They shipped from the factory with 295/35 21 tyres when 21 inch wheels were fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom