Urgent command frozen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popes11

Car
r class
On holiday at the moment and my command on a 2007 r class is frozen. From memory it is version 2.5. The command screen in stuck on the audio screen. None of the button on the command unit are responding. Basically I can't do anything with it. I was depending on the sat nav to get me around and basically don't have clue when it comes to roads in the area I am in. Four kids in the back are not helping. Anyone know how I can reset the unit.

Disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes might give it the chance to reboot.

I was thinking of pulling the power via fuse or Bat. Few pints in me
now after a hard day at Legoland. Anyone know where my fuse box is?

If its like a ML then it will be in the rear above the offside rear wheel.
They look a real mess,as Prince Phillip once said' looks like this wiring was done by a bunch of Indians'

If your going to disconnect battery (after a few points) remember to disconnect only the ground (keeping spanner away from live), leave it a min, and then re-connect. On Mercedes, ground is BROWN. Positive is Red.

Can I cause myself any further problems by disconnecting the bat? Don't want to make my problem any worse. Thanks for replys.

Can I cause myself any further problems by disconnecting the bat? Don't want to make my problem any worse. Thanks for replys.

No. ITs a simple process and you should be fine.

It has been known for the ESP light to illuminate after disconnecting the battery. This happened recently when I replaced my E55 battery. Turning the steering from lock to lock a couple of times cleared it.
Also, windows may have to be reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom