Used Car Sales Event - 0%!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajay Bhatoa

Car
2020 C Class AMG Premium
Hey guys,

Had my car about 2 weeks and noticed that Mercedes now have a 0% offer on! I think the rate I'm on is 8.4% and I'm looking to pay it all off in the next 6 months anyway.

I was wondering if I'd be in any position to ring Mercedes and complain that in such a short time after I bought mine the deal was introduced! (I did ask them if any offer would be coming on soon and they said no, as any dealer would)! I got a £950 contribution towards my car. I'm on a HP

I know they're under no legal obligation, but watching Martin Money Saver last night makes me think it may be worth a try to push the unsatisfied customer card!

I have used that dealer several times and would use them again in the future!

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ajay Bhatoa said:
I have already put down a 50% deposit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes, quite sneaky of Mercedes

You probably wouldn't have got the contribution.

If you're going to pay it off anyway, it doesn't make a massive difference.

It's not sneaky at all, a line has to be drawn from when a deal is available and not. Mercedes don't give dealers lots of notice on promotions so if a deal is missed it's simply bad luck.

Mrhanky said:
It's not sneaky at all, a line has to be drawn from when a deal is available and not. Mercedes don't give dealers lots of notice on promotions so if a deal is missed it's simply bad luck.

True, but I've sat and read hundreds of similar comments on their sponsored Facebook ads for this event from people who have just bought cars recently. It is just down to bad luck I think. Are these events a yearly thing?

One of them from Mercedes even rang me up on my way home on Friday to book me in for a consultation to value my car and show me what stuff they had, I didn't know about the event till he rang. Booked in for next weekend, I just want to see what C63's they have, don't fancy a new one but he said there's an approved used w204 still there. Hopefully not the same one that was unsold back in September that I spotted whilst in for my service, would of thought it'd be snapped up by now

Last edited:
At the end of the day deals have to start and end on a certain date. Obviously it's a bit of a bummer if you've just bought, but if you received £950 and intend paying it off in 6 months then I doubt there will be much difference. I'd be surprised if the staff knew the deal was coming more than a week in advance

1. You have no chance of compensation
2. If your paying it off what's the point
3. Deals change all the time

At the end of the day deals have to start and end on a certain date. Obviously it's a bit of a bummer if you've just bought, but if you received £950 and intend paying it off in 6 months then I doubt there will be much difference. I'd be surprised if the staff knew the deal was coming more than a week in advance

A mate of mine is a salesman at MB. He knows I have been looking for a car for two or three weeks now. He got in touch with me on Monday or Tuesday to let me know about this 0% promotion from 15th-18th.

If he'd know about it any earlier than that, then he would have told me earlier. I would surmise that they know about it at most a week in advance.

I'd loved to have taken advantage of it and probably would have done if I wanted a diesel.

Last edited:
A mate of mine is a salesman at MB. He knows I have been looking for a car for two or three weeks now. He got in touch with me on Monday or Tuesday to let me know about this 0% promotion from 15th-18th.

If he'd know about it any earlier than that, then he would have told me earlier. I would surmise that they know about it at most a week in advance.

I'd loved to have taken advantage of it and probably would have done if I wanted a diesel.

Isn't that what I said :D

Hey guys,

Had my car about 2 weeks and noticed that Mercedes now have a 0% offer on! I think the rate I'm on is 8.4% and I'm looking to pay it all off in the next 6 months anyway.

I was wondering if I'd be in any position to ring Mercedes and complain that in such a short time after I bought mine the deal was introduced! (I did ask them if any offer would be coming on soon and they said no, as any dealer would)! I got a £950 contribution towards my car. I'm on a HP

I know they're under no legal obligation, but watching Martin Money Saver last night makes me think it may be worth a try to push the unsatisfied customer card!

I have used that dealer several times and would use them again in the future!

What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you have got the contribution if it was 0%?

1. You have no chance of compensation
2. If your paying it off what's the point
3. Deals change all the time
4. Martin '*******' Lewis

There's two years free servicing thrown in too :devil:

Took advantage of the promotion and bought a car yesterday.

Free servicing covers 1 x A and 1 x B at a Dealership of your choice, 12 months warranty which was extended to 24 months at no cost, road tax paid for by Dealer, full tank of fuel - now worth about £35 ;-), updated Command and reduction on ticket price as well.

Seems good to me.

Took advantage of the promotion and bought a car yesterday.

Free servicing covers 1 x A and 1 x B at a Dealership of your choice, 12 months warranty which was extended to 24 months at no cost, road tax paid for by Dealer, full tank of fuel - now worth about £35 ;-), updated Command and reduction on ticket price as well.

Seems good to me.

Sounds good Mike, so what did you buy?

Bobby Dazzler said:
Sounds good Mike, so what did you buy?

Cls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom