Useless diesel's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Just been watching the latest World Touring Car racing held at Monza. Two 9 lap races, both won by diesel powered SEAT's :D :D . BMW's and Alfa Romeo eat your heart out. diesel rules..... O.K.

John

Just been watching the latest World Touring Car racing held at Monza. Two 9 lap races, both won by diesel powered SEAT's :D :D . BMW's and Alfa Romeo eat your heart out. diesel rules..... O.K.

John

no they do not.
the cars do not have the same rules or the same spec so its a rubbish comparison and the FIA/ WTCC should get serious and state an engine type and fuel type with the same spec.

either that or each one races in his class on the track,
so we have a diesel champion and a petrol champion.
How can the petrol runners be running 2.0L normal aspirated
while the disels are allowed 2.0L single and twin turbos?
and please do ot tell me a turbo is an integral part of the diesel engine cos it is not. a turbo is a bolt on add on device.
Compare that to the WRC where the cars are all turbocharged
and see if you can find any diesels there?
Or tell me where any normal aspirated diesel is running in a competitive race?
This is what porsche has been aying all along.
The rules should be the same for all cars on the grid at least engine wise
Then if you go for smaller it is your problem.
Not saying one can run a V10 or twin turbos while one can only run a V8

remember the volkswagen SDi normally aspirated.
What a laugh

Last edited:
Trouble is, all these diesels emit far too many apostrophes, as they are all greengrocer's car's
:devil:

no they do not.
Oh yes they do.

I was amazed at how these SEAT's were overtaking when coming out of bends, plus slipstreaming down the straight.

Diesel.... diesel..... diesel

John

Seat have been F2 Champions loads of times with the petrol engine Cupra's but droped out about 5 years ago, nice to see them back, shame the car body design is poor

Quote"diesel SL"

Wasn't this talked about a few years ago with the SLK also? imagine the new 3.0 Cdi V6 in a SLK...flying machine and probably close on 50 mpg extra urban.

My dad just got 50mpg on a trip from Chester to Dover in his E320cdi estate.

At first the thought of a convertible and derv seems a bit odd, but the figures will start speaking for themselfs, Audi, Bmw and Saab and many other have convertibles with diesels in them.

And don't forget the Audi R10 TDi has won Le Mans two years running ....

audi-r10-2007-lemans-small.jpg

excuise me john the picture you are posting is not the tdi that was in monza. that is turbocharged one with TDi across the bonnet

excuise me john the picture you are posting is not the tdi that was in monza. that is turbocharged one with TDi across the bonnet
Oh yes it was. The exact same cars.

27_Punch__Judy.jpg

no it is not
The diesel SEAT made a low-key debut in the Anderstorp races at the end of July, but took a big step forward in the following rounds at Oschersleben, where a win and a third place for Muller brought the Frenchman into title contention

so the one you are showing is the normally aspirated petrol one. like platos.

are you saying normally aspirated diesel?
you must be having a laugh

Last edited:
380131.jpg

diesel turbocharged

Last edited:
no it is not
The diesel SEAT made a low-key debut in the Anderstorp races at the end of July, but took a big step forward in the following rounds at Oschersleben, where a win and a third place for Muller brought the Frenchman into title contention

I used to go to the Anderstorp track when I lived in Sweden, and they have the small airfield next door. I have had some good days out there

Benoit Bagur, SEAT Sport Chief Engineer: “Since the FIA made it possible to enter a Diesel engine in the competition, we started looking into the viability of the project, and it took off a few months ago. mounted on the León FR. We kept the engine block and the cylinder head of the production model, but changed the turbo compressor and gearbox

SEAT Leon TDI WTCC Technical Data
BASE CAR
SEAT León 2.0 TDI FR

ENGINE

Turbocharged; 4-cylinder in line, transversally installed; distribution: two overhead camshafts, 16 valves.
Displacement: 2000 cc.
Bore x stroke: 81×95,5 mm.
Maximum power: 280 bhp / 4000 rpm.
Maximum torque: 450 nm / 2500 rpm.
Lubrication: wet sump.
Particle filter: DOW

Quote"diesel SL"

My dad just got 50mpg on a trip from Chester to Dover in his E320cdi estate.

I drove 120 miles on an "economy" run - all motorway - not going over 65...very gentle accelaration and managed 49 in the C class 3.0 V6 diesel so for your dad to have gotten 50 mpg in a heavier estate is very good indeed -- I'm well impressed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom