Using mobile phone abroad!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mw_C32

I'm off to Cuba in a few weeks for a holiday but still need to stay in touch, calls to and from Cuba seem to be quite expensive so does any one know if i divert my phone to uk landline (office) before i go can i still receive text messages whilst abroad?

I've already tried diverting the calls which works fine and text messages still come through to the phone so it works as planned here.

Cheers
Mark

Yes, that will work providing you have roaming enabled on your phone and by your provider on your account, call them if you're not sure. If you've got a smart phone remember to switch off your data roaming.

Another alternative is to forward all calls to voicemail before you go and use a local phone to pick your messages up from your mobile.

Leave a voicemail message to suggest that you would prefer to receive texts due to location and time differences.

Buy an international SIM card in Cuba and use it 'if' necessary.

Remember, you are on holiday. Relax and enjoy it. Somebody else can take the daily strife - it's what they are paid to do.

Will you have wifi connectivity? If so use whatsapp for texts and skype for calls?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using MBClub UK

Will you have wifi connectivity? If so use whatsapp for texts and skype for calls?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using MBClub UK

I don think there is any wifi where we are staying. It's all dial up...:eek: can't seem to get much info on it..

That's a good idea! How does it work? I take it I dial my voicemail number...

You can do that or just dial your own mobile number and when you get the VM greeting hit '*' and enter your PIN and you'll be in your VM service. Try it from here first and make sure you've got a PIN set up.

You can do that or just dial your own mobile number and when you get the VM greeting hit '*' and enter your PIN and you'll be in your VM service. Try it from here first and make sure you've got a PIN set up.

Cheers Matt. I'll give it a go.

You could buy a SIM card in Cuba to use for calls. Cheaper than roaming.

Cuba has plenty of wifi...all the hotels do anyway.

Cuba has plenty of wifi...all the hotels do anyway.

So, simply a trip to the bar for a soft drink and BINGO !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom