V power vs regular unleaded in c63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

turboman

Car
C63 AMG
Do you guys always use premium fuel in your c63?

I've noticed the label in the car indicates that normal 95 Ron can be used but I wonder if the 99 Ron fuel actually gives any tangible benefits over regular fuel?

I use 99 ron tesco momentum. I tell myself it makes the car run more smoothly?!

My manual is quite specific - it says use 98RON min.

What does your manual say?

Last edited:
After perhaps 3 or 4 full tanks of regular, the CLS now only drinks Shell V-Power. The difference was became quite noticeable after the third tank full.

My manual is quite specific - it says use 98RON min.

What does your manual say?

On the fuel cap it says use 93-99 Ron.......if I recall correctly...

I use the good stuff when possible but as my playground is north / west Scotland it sometimes has to get whatever I can buy.

Compare it to feeding your car McD's or Fillet Steak......one's a quick fix and the other's longer lasting. Minimum 98 ron for me, usually Tesco's Momentum 99 as on the doorstep but anything 98 or over

My view: if you've bought a fantastic car with a lot of money, why bother trying to save £100 to £200 a year on cheaper lower spec fuel? Stick the 98 /99 RON in it and enjoy it :)

My view: if you've bought a fantastic car with a lot of money, why bother trying to save £100 to £200 a year on cheaper lower spec fuel? Stick the 98 /99 RON in it and enjoy it :)

My concern was a bit more basic - this is what my manual says - the same engine but a different tune - I wonder what the C63 manual says?

It's the same old story though isn't it - if you did opt for 95RON then you've spent 10s of thousands on a car and you save £5 per tank full scrimping on fuel...

:dk:

All 63 manuals state what you show in your picture.

Hi S,

Then the OP's label is advising him differently, though he does seem a bit unsure of exactly what it says.

It's not really the saving....my car is averaging 13mpg so a few pence is neither here nor there....it's more about availability as a lot of the time only 95 Ron is available

It's not really the saving....my car is averaging 13mpg so a few pence is neither here nor there....it's more about availability as a lot of the time only 95 Ron is available

Where about are you?

Most petrol stations would have sort of 'Premium' 98+ on sale - i.e. even if it is not actually Shell V-Power or BP Ultimate or Tesco Momentum etc etc...

Like the manual states, don't give it the full beans when running on the lower octane stuff.

turboman said:

The answer to your question is yes, you will also find your mpg improves with 98ron fuel when used in the m156.

I use V-Power nitro. If you join the Shell Drivers Club you can get vouchers for money back off fuel. I recently received a voucher for £5.00 off petrol, it helps reduce the fuel costs.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom