Valvetronic exhaust systems or De-cat ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AshC63

Car
C63 AMG COUPE
Hi

I'm Curious to know...

Who's used a Valvetronic exhaust system of any type? Does it consist of a complete kit with a remote or is it a part system? Did you rate it money well spent ?

I'm guessing that the main benefit is being able to choose when you want a loud exhaust resonation?

Is there any power gains ? & in comparison why would you de cat (ie,secondary cat) other then price & would it effect emissions when it comes to MOT?

I've noticed more & more guys on the forum are going towards deleting 2nd Cat etc ..for noise & BHP gain is this a combo with a Eurocharged map?

I thought my exhaust sounded great & then I've heard others, but I also read that deleting a 2nd cat would also loose the cabin quietness when cruising midrange is that true??

..& last question .. I thought I had done all my spending but why is it coming on the forum makes you want o spend more ? :D

I will be going valved exhaust (Cat back) in the not too distant future.

Still considering the Long tube headers (Serious power gains) but just need to confirm if i can run it with race cats and a purpose built resonator as i don't want it sounding like a NASCAR.

I don't believe you get any power gain with the secondary cat removed just more noise to upset the neighbors.

The Eurocharged re-map is a no brainer as it really does make a massive difference (on a standard 450 bhp car)

I'm surprised you C63 guys want a different exhaust sound. I think the stock system sounds as good as anything I have heard. Lee's car sounded great before and after the MSL tuning day. I wish my E55 sounded like it!

Maybe just look at the EC tune as I think lee had said previously it increased the exhaust noise a bit anyway.

With the remap the car does pop and bang a lot more :)

But yes they have a very nice sound track straight out of the box. But the RA exhaust does sound amazing.

Second vid sounds mental! whats it running on - (suspension?) sits nice also

Thats on H&R Coilovers ... we can supply and fit too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom