Vat Petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interest rates are likely to rise he says...I don't think so. So, I'll not be signing a weak petition.

Interest rates are likely to rise he says...I don't think so. So, I'll not be signing a weak petition.

They were planning to until the oil prices started falling, well all to their own.

It would be alot fairer if they added vat to the price of fuel "before" the fuel tax is added as you are efectively paying tax on tax

Isn't that the point. He's complaining about the price of fuel...as it plummets.

Bruv, the petition was done well before that started happening. Also the price of fuel hasn't plummeted on the forecourt to the same level as the barrel.

Chatter on the markets is that OPEC are probably going to convince the supplying courtiers to halt production which will artificially push the petrol price up.
Ha Ha, I don’t know why I am even trying to convince you to sign it anyway.
I bet you play the lottery.

VAT at 20% is in line with a lot of Europe and it's not unreasonable.

The 5% reduction would only have to be found elsewhere anyhow.

I'll not be signing.

Bruv, the petition was done well before that started happening. Also the price of fuel hasn't plummeted on the forecourt to the same level as the barrel.

Chatter on the markets is that OPEC are probably going to convince the supplying courtiers to halt production which will artificially push the petrol price up.
Ha Ha, I don’t know why I am even trying to convince you to sign it anyway.
I bet you play the lottery.

I think a 33% reduction over the last couple of years is a plummet. Home heating oil has truly plummeted by 68% in about 3 years.

I have been put in my place.
I ll get my mate to start a petition to raise Vat to 25% i think that will be more likely to be signed here

I have been put in my place.
I ll get my mate to start a petition to raise Vat to 25% i think that will be more likely to be signed here

Your mate is being silly...don't follow him.

Who are these people who start petitions?

Misguided is probably the kindest description.

(Look at me being all diplomatic)

I like this bit:

"Jon Bleakley started this petition with a single signature, and now has 4 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about."

Who are these people who start petitions?

Misguided is probably the kindest description.

(Look at me being all diplomatic)

Everyone knows these petitions were designed to keep the nutter end of the population from badgering MP's :D

The tax on forecourt fuel is unnecessarily complex at 57.95 ppl plus 16.67% VAT of the forecourt price per litre.

Simplification would make the taxation more transparent or at least more easily calculated for the consumer. The exchequer has already lost a lot of tax income on the VAT element because of falling prices but prices have only fallen back to the level that they were at seven years ago.

The exchequer is currently getting circa 75% of the forecourt price.......perhaps a single percentage tax of this order would be better???????????

Mic

I think a 33% reduction over the last couple of years is a plummet. Home heating oil has truly plummeted by 68% in about 3 years.

Yes it has, but its due to change, there's talk of pegging the cost of heating oil to that of Propane gas, also used in heating boilers, if it hasn't happened yet , might pay you to invest in another 1200 litre tank and fill it up before its too late. :thumb:

The reduction would have helped me when I had to replace my ABC Valve Pump at the indy

Your mate is being silly...don't follow him.

Is your mate called Dave?

I agree he can be a bit silly sometimes, which is why i sold the merc, only a Misguided Financial genius called Dave would pile cash into a Mec right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom