1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Very high Spec e55k And NOT silver or black lol

Discussion in 'Spotted on eBay!' started by merc85, Sep 13, 2017.

1. merc85

merc85 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    w211 e55k
    AMGeed and bob6600 like this.
  2. bob6600

bob6600 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S210 E320 CDI
    That won't hang around long, it's stunning imo

merc85 likes this.
  3. AMGeed

AMGeed Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
    I'd be on my way to Swansea if I were in the market for an E55.
    Love the colour, excellent spec and sensible price to reflect the miles.

E55BOF and merc85 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    merc85

Car:
    w211 e55k
    Yep lovely isn't it, Very sensible price and a 2005 too

5. Will

Will Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 S211 E55K AMG/1988 190E 2.3-16/1988 190E 2.5-16/2003 Porsche 911 3.6 Carrera 2 (345hp Powerkit)
    Nicely specced car but I'm not keen on the colour personally.

The leather just doesn't look nice to me either, especially on the door panels etc - might work better I guess with a contrasting body colour (e.g. Black).

Not an estate either ;)

If you like the colour I guess it would be well worth a look though :thumb:

6. poormansporsche

poormansporsche Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E46 sorry !
    Its not really the red leather's fault as such. Red leather just does not go well with wood. If the wood trim was wrapped piano black or something it would look sooo much better. I personally love it.

7. Skd884

Skd884 New Member

Car:
    C250
    Stunning car!

8. bob6600

bob6600 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S210 E320 CDI
    I agree. I would probably get the wood wrapped in a darker colour. Apart from that, it looks good to me.

As said, for an '05 with reasonable mileage, it's a good car

9. Gbrowncls55

Gbrowncls55 Active Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG 06, SL350 06, 996 cab, all current. Gone : E500 W211, 2x M5s and far,far too many 911s
    How lovely to see a bit of colour for a change!! Looks absolutely stunning IMHO, Just a bit too high on the mileage perhaps.

10. Will

Car:
    2004 S211 E55K AMG/1988 190E 2.3-16/1988 190E 2.5-16/2003 Porsche 911 3.6 Carrera 2 (345hp Powerkit)
    Wrapping the wood sounds as though you'd be cheapening the car a bit, IMHO. Saying that it's quite badly faded though!

Still can't see what all the fuss is about, it's not particular good miles, nor an estate, marmite colour combo and the condition looks good but nothing to write home about.

Alps car was much more attractive/better specced/lower mileage etc for only a couple of £k more :thumb:

Only realised second time looking that it's got no keyless go - deal breaker for me, no vented seats either

11. Larkone

Larkone Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 CLS 320 CDI facelift
    Mileage is not the problem, its how it was treated on the way to that mileage figure that matters the most.
    Mileage is not the problem, its how it was treated on the way to that mileage figure that matters the most.

12. OP
    OP
    merc85

Car:
    w211 e55k
    And originality, That looks from the pic's like it hasn't been messed with. Agreed why are they all Silver and black? lol

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  13. OP
    OP
    merc85

Car:
    w211 e55k
    a) Its not the Usual Silver or black
    b) Its got its Original Alloys, Nothing's been added extra from spec that i can see
    c) Its Very lower ownership
    d) Yes No keyless "which imho" go's wrong "door handles etc
    e) Do the cooling seats really make that much difference?? I dont know i havent had chance to try mine?

And then of course its a 2005 which for a e55k is quite late, I never really knew that a Spec of a car could make it that much more desirable than a lesser spec, I always try and buy on condition and age wanted rather than the spec of the car.

Its certainly interesting to views of other's reference these cars from a enthusiasts point of view. ;)

14. Will

Car:
    I think it's fair to say that most people prefer Silver or Black on a Mercedes compared to Burgundy? It's not an awful colour but I guess given the choice most people didn't go for it.

I guess I'm diplomatically saying, it was unpopular - not some limited edition/rarity etc.

Most of these have the original wheels? :)

Low ownership is nice to find, I agree. Not sure if they mean 3 in total? (2 previous plus the current) - same as mine, to be fair probably more important what the last owner is like not how often it changed hands on the V5 5-10 years back etc

Keyless go is a really good feature. I would hate to be without it in one of these. In fact it annoys me having to keep fumbling around for keys in other cars now! Once you've had it you wouldn't want to be without it.

There's loads of stuff than can go wrong on any W211. But the keyless door handles are cheap and easy to replace if need be - you're no worse off than a non-keyless go car anyway - you can still lock/unlock with the remote if you wish. And you're not going to have all four doors go at once anyway :)

The keys and ignition switch get less wear as a result of having it too, bonus!

Vented seats are not essential but nice to have, especially in the summer. It's a discreet feature but stops the sweaty shirt feeling you can get in those warm 30c+ days when sitting in a hot car with leather seats.

I guess most of the bells and whistles on these option wise are more nice toys rather than anything else but at the end of the day no two cars are identical and it's always going to have to be a bit of a compromise one way or another :thumb:

15. OP
    OP
    merc85

Car:
    w211 e55k
    Fair enough, But i dont use my Keyless go, I've used it a handful of times and agian ive read it's good to use the key in the igntion from time to time. The only Up side in using it is opening the boot if you have your hands full as far as i can see.

Colour wise i would have loved a Burgundy one given the choice, Silver just looks too plain to me, and Black is a pain in the behind lol.

A few people ive spoken to said the cooling in the seats is poor and not really much of any benifit but again ive not had chance to use this feature perhaps next year i will.

Like you said no two cars are the same, Its a personal choice, In short Given the choice id always go for the newer and more original example of that particular model everything else being pretty much the same.

I'm not after a change just thought this one looked extremely good and being a little different from all the rest out there at the moment.

16. Will

Car:
    Can't see how you don't use it (Keyless Go)? Surely it's more of an effort not to use it than it is to just press and pull the door handle that you already use to get in?

Likewise the engine start/stop button - surely less hassle than taking the key out each time etc? :)

Would be weird to go back to non-KG for me. I think it's been around for a good 15+ years now and getting more and more popular - no gimmick in my eyes :thumb:

The seats are ventilated not cooled as such, the only air they blow is ambient cabin air but it's a subtle function - it seems a lot of people expect it to be more obvious in use but there's a reason why it's designed like this and it is effective :cool:

Could live without it but would miss Keyless Go.

JustIgnore and merc85 like this.
  17. clk320x

clk320x Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 W209, AMG styling, Facelifted Dash, 18" AMG wheels, Pioneer SPH-DA120 App Radio
    Was literally just about to post this Gav .. I knew you'd love a non black or silver e55 :D

merc85 likes this.
  18. JustIgnore

JustIgnore Member

Car:
    E55k
    Really nice colour! You won't see this too often on the road.
    But apart from this, I don't think it's worth this much, maybe 1-2k less.

Keyless Go is really something nice to have. Never thought it will be this handy, but once you have it, you really don't wanna miss it.
    Not sure about vented seats tho, was looking for one with them, but can't have everything.

19. Skd884

Skd884 New Member

Car:
    C250
    Seems a tad over priced for the miles.

20. Gbrowncls55

Gbrowncls55 Active Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG 06, SL350 06, 996 cab, all current. Gone : E500 W211, 2x M5s and far,far too many 911s
    +1 for Keyless go .Would hate to be without it, but could live without the continuous door handle replacement. Ventilated seats are really a waste of time. I thought mine must be broken when I first got it. I only discovered they were fine by the fan noise and putting a sheet of paper on the seat which lightly fluttered.Once you have blocked up the holes with your body nothing can get through anyway.
    I spent nearly a year trying to not get a silver or black car and eventually found what I was told was one of six tanzanite blue cars (cls55) having viewed one of the others which was a bit scabby. The problem is if you set your mind on an interesting colour but still obviously want a good example the pool gets very small

JustIgnore and merc85 like this.