Vettel in Tour De France Incident?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Took him out.

This was a life threatening incident and the correct decision was made.

Yikes, that's awful. Broken shoulder I've heard.:eek:

Fractured scapula- quite a rare break evidently and always always associated with direct trauma - usually in young men.

Peter Sagan is an idiot! Glad he was disqualified but Mark Cavendish is out with a very bad injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watched it many times now. Ouch. In my opinion Sagan should have been relegated for that stage and perhaps lost all his points to date. But I don't think he should have been disqualified for the whole Tour. There was a lot of weaving from side to side of the road by many of the riders (most notably the eventual winner) and crashes are far from uncommon in such sprints. Sagan shut the door on Cav, but his elbow came out AFTER Cav had gone down. It certainly wasn't as blatant as Vettel on Lewis. We've already lost one of the best sprinters in Cavendish, it's a crying shame to lose one of the other top sprinters. The judges seem to be showing off their power.

From the last video, Cav was falling but Sagan finished him off. I think judges are showing their hardest face for future similar incidents. Bikers should be more athletic and not playing so dirty. Winning a game is important but health of the athletes is more important.

From the last video, Cav was falling but Sagan finished him off. I think judges are showing their hardest face for future similar incidents. Bikers should be more athletic and not playing so dirty. Winning a game is important but health of the athletes is more important.

I wouldn`t agree Sagan finished him off. As shown, Cav was already going down and when you feel someone making contact (the same as Rossi on Marquez the cheat in last years Moto GP) you defend yourself. Remember, they`re flat out sprinting, arms and legs go everywhere....not so cut and dried as people make out. Not a disqualification in my humble opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom