Viano Service Interval Counter Jumped From Being Due In 12000km to 68km Overdue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaintDan74

Car
Viano
Can anyone help explain why my Viano service counter interval could jump from due in around 12000km to being 68km overdue. The van has been running fine but today was really sluggish to turn over and I thought the battery was drained. After turning off everything (audio system etc), it fired up but with the service counter changed! It was last driven 4 days ago, all I had left on was the intermittent wiper.

Many thanks for any advice

I've seen older W639 Vito/Viano service indicators forget their servicing info (and it becomes overdue like yours) when their batteries get flat or when jump started, I assume its the cluster beginning to fail. It happens to my colleague at work's Vito (~2004 vehicle)

Richard

Having had a repeat episode of this apparent power failure a further 3 random times, I have had the battery checked and replaced. Although the battery was charged to around 12.4v, it only had about 50% engine cranking amps. Apparently the reason the engine would start after around 5 - 10 minutes was because the power draw on the battery trying to turn over the engine activated the battery's chemical reaction which eventually gave it enough juice to fire up the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom