Viano suspension troubles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donr

Car
C220 cdi (W203) Estate sport and W639 3cdi Viano ambience 2008
Hi everybody,
Hope somebody can help me with my problem. I have a W639 Viano 3cdi (year 2008) and a problem has developed with the rear suspension. The suspension seems to have collapsed to it's lowest level, and doesn't want to come back up again. There are instructions in the handbook on how to move it up manually, or automatically, but nothing works. I previously had a V220 cdi and I had so much trouble with the pneumatic suspension, that I eventually had it removed and converted to conventional coil spring and dampers suspension. (at a cost !) I cannot believe that I am going to have the same problems with a vehicle as young as 2008.
The start of the problem was when I noticed that the suspension was low, and then I found that the battery was flat. I charged the battery, left the vehicle overnight (with the alarm on) and next morning the battery was flat again. Has anybody experienced similar problems with this suspension ? I can't believe that Mercedes will have got it so badly wrong again.
The salt in the wound is, that I live in France, and see all these Citroen's
with pneumatic suspension that have been running about for years, reliably and apparently trouble-free. I tend to think that there is something wrong with the compressor, and that this is the reason for the battery being flat. I guess though, that it could possibly be the reverse: if the battery is u/s then the compressor would not work, and then the suspension would not work properly either. I would be grateful for any comments, and advise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom