Viano w639 antenna and antenna amp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tseb

Car
Viano W639 2006 3 litre V6 Diesel
Hello,

I am a noobie here and to mercs.
I recently bought my first merc, a 2006 Viano after having BMW for a while.
I have a problem - very bad radio reception. The vehicle has a Comand NTG2, with cd changer etc.

Does this model use the windscreen as an antenna as I have seen on some posts for other MB models? Wondering if a previous owner had a broken windscreen and the antenna was not reconnected. Or could the antenna amp have failed?

I have pulled out the unit and the cables are secure in the back of the ntg2.

Where is the antenna, where do the cables run, and where is the amplifier for the antenna please? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, The antenna is up under the inside light, it drops down from the right side, two spring clips.
The amp is green and should have power, the antenna is in the screen top and the antenna clips on.
My advice is swap it for the NTG2.5 and the latest antenna amp.

Thanks for that.
You mean the amp is in the front inside light fitting, or under the roof trim there?
I was avoiding upgrading the NTG because of the cost… I think my wife would have a fit if I spent more large amounts of money on the van! As it is I am having to buy a clip-on bluetooth kit because the cheaper Parrot won't work with the Merc system.
I can justify buying a new amp if it sorts out the radio problem.

The van has problems with the CD changer, I can't get a blutooth kit to fit it, and the antenna amp problem…

I will have a look tomorrow evening I think. Any other pointers about how to dismantle that area?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom