vinyl wrap exterior trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sazzyb

Car
C63 Coupe PPP
I want to get the chrome trims blacked out so I requested a quote from a place locally. They quoted me around £340 to do the window trim, front grill, x2 LED parts,boot handle & rear MB Star badge in gloss black. Is this a normal cost for something like this, since it is mostly labour cost?

That sounds a little on the high side to me. I would expect to pay around £200-£250 max for that. The boot lid badge would be better being replaced for a gloss black one, the wrap never looks quite right on them due to the nature of the emblem and join lines required.

That sounds a little on the high side to me. I would expect to pay around £200-£250 max for that. The boot lid badge would be better being replaced for a gloss black one, the wrap never looks quite right on them due to the nature of the emblem and join lines required.

Cheers for that, agree better to just get gloss black badges for the rear.

I wrapped the chrome trims on my Lexus gloss black and they came out great, a little tricky to do (i've had 7 yrs wrapping experience) but doable. Only took about 30 mins per side so not sure where they got £340 from!

It would be interesting to see how they intend on wrapping the rear MB star badge. I would say its too thin and fiddly for the vinyl to even stick, particularly where the star meets the edging circle. I would buy another one already black. *edit just noticed someone above suggests this as well!*

I will be wrapping the chrome window surrounds on my c63 in the next couple of weeks so will let you know how I get on.

I wrapped the chrome trims on my Lexus gloss black and they came out great, a little tricky to do (i've had 7 yrs wrapping experience) but doable. Only took about 30 mins per side so not sure where they got £340 from!

It would be interesting to see how they intend on wrapping the rear MB star badge. I would say its too thin and fiddly for the vinyl to even stick, particularly where the star meets the edging circle. I would buy another one already black. *edit just noticed someone above suggests this as well!*

I will be wrapping the chrome window surrounds on my c63 in the next couple of weeks so will let you know how I get on.

This was the breakdown

Chrome window surrounds = £180.00 inc VAT

Chrome parts of the front grill including large Mercedes 'star' = £65.00 inc VAT

2 x LED surround parts on front bumper = £55.00 inc VAT

Boot chrome handle = £45.00 inc VAT

Small rear Mercedes star badge = free of charge

They have done a few C63's, i'm not that confident to do it myself. If you can keep me posted that be awesome :thumb:

This a picture of the star wrapped in gloss black vinyl they sent me

sBNF99L.jpg

£340 is a bit on the high side...

Another option is to Plastidip your front grill and rear MB emblem, just need 2 cans of plastidip for dipmyvehicle.com. They doing offer buy 3 cans get 4th can half price.
They have tutorial online and pretty easy to do. I have done my front gril without the big star emblem. Turns out ok. Not sure how long it will last but i done 7-8 coats.

Chrome boot handle is a pretty easy job as well. Unless they are removing the trim, then its labour intensive.

Where abouts are you based? PM me for recommendations.

I've been looking into plastidip for my wheels as it looks easy to do, anyone used it before?

I want to get the chrome trims blacked out so I requested a quote from a place locally. They quoted me around £340 to do the window trim, front grill, x2 LED parts,boot handle & rear MB Star badge in gloss black. Is this a normal cost for something like this, since it is mostly labour cost?

I would shop around as this sounds a tad expensive, when I had my interior trim done I probably saved £40 ;) It's not a lot but I hate being over charged for anything!

I got quoted today £290

That's to do front grille, fog lamp rings, side window trim, rear boot handle all in 3m gloss black vinyl.

Badges don't wrap well so paint them.

Can anyone recommend someone obviously based on 1. Work Quality and 2. Price?

I'm based East of England.

£340 is a bit on the high side...

Another option is to Plastidip your front grill and rear MB emblem, just need 2 cans of plastidip for dipmyvehicle.com. They doing offer buy 3 cans get 4th can half price.
They have tutorial online and pretty easy to do. I have done my front gril without the big star emblem. Turns out ok. Not sure how long it will last but i done 7-8 coats.

Chrome boot handle is a pretty easy job as well. Unless they are removing the trim, then its labour intensive.

Where abouts are you based? PM me for recommendations.

Wouldnt it be better to get them all painted???....or would it flake off eventually?..

I de-chromed mine myself with plasti-dip really easy to do and cheap as chips
I did the chrome boot strip the star etc. Loads of vids on YouTube on how to do it plus if you get it on the paint work (like me) it just peels off !

This was the breakdown

Chrome window surrounds = £180.00 inc VAT

Chrome parts of the front grill including large Mercedes 'star' = £65.00 inc VAT

2 x LED surround parts on front bumper = £55.00 inc VAT

Boot chrome handle = £45.00 inc VAT

Small rear Mercedes star badge = free of charge

They have done a few C63's, i'm not that confident to do it myself. If you can keep me posted that be awesome :thumb:

The window surrounds still seem very expensive to me, i'm gonna start readvertising I think!

With the badge the pic looks ok, give it a month though when the hot weather gets to it and it will start coming away! If you are going to go for it make sure they use the new 3M 1380 series vinyl and not the 1080 series for the star, the recesses in the corners of the star are just too deep!

As dan2014 said, why not try doing it yourself with plasti-dipping?

Plasti dipped boot star and chrome strip,been over a year since I done it and still looks good

Attachments

• image-3276689408.jpg
    image-3276689408.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom