Viseeo MB4 taking long time to activate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisjfinlay

Car
s320 cdi (W221)
I recently purchased a Viseeo MB4 and it arrived today. I've been following the instructions for installing it in my car (W221), and when I plug it in and turn on my ignition, the COMAND unit stays on "Activating telephone, please wait". It's been like this for over 5 minutes now. The green power light on the Viseeo is on but the small display is off. I'm not sure what I'm missing...

Update: I plugged it in to update firmware and while the pc was happy to perform the operation, the small screen never lit up. Not sure if it should or not?

I bought a similar, but not identical, bluetooth enabler, and the same happened to me. After much searching it turned out I had not PAIRED the phone to the Bluetooth unit properly - might help ?

Unfortunately I can't get that far, because the screen never comes on on the MB4, so I can't set it to pairing mode

Ok, I decided to give your advice a go and sure enough, the MB4 was visible on my phone to pair with, and it connected. The Telephone section of the car then jumped into life. It took a little time but the phonebook also downloaded to the car. I tried making a couple of calls and they worked (though my asshat colleagues wouldn't pick up).

However, the MB4 screen still remained off, and the phone disconnected from Bluetooth a couple of times. It also didn't download the phonebook to the Viseeo, I assume, because when I reconnected my phone it had to redownload the contacts to the car...

Meh, I'm going to return it and get myself a Mercedes HFP unit. I'm not so cut up about the phone charging because my phone's always plugged into something during the day anyway.

Hi Chris
Just checked, and it is the Mercedes HFP unit that I bought too. Each time you turn the phone on (you have to press the tel: button on the car each time - no big deal) the phonebook downloads to the car. It is NOT permanently stored in COMAND. Do also note that it does not handle text or text speech (at least, not for my phone, a simple Samsung Galaxy Ace 5830i) - but who needs to text whilst driving ??
Good luck!

.....sometimes the phone auto-connects - think it depends if you have turned COMAND off ... ?

I haven't experienced any of those problems Chris.

I have noticed that 'sometimes' my phone (Nokia Lumia) doesn't automatically connect.

Only other complaint I have is that there are times when synchronisation seems to take a long time

I recently purchased a Viseeo MB4 and it arrived today. I've been following the instructions for installing it in my car (W221), and when I plug it in and turn on my ignition, the COMAND unit stays on "Activating telephone, please wait". It's been like this for over 5 minutes now. The green power light on the Viseeo is on but the small display is off. I'm not sure what I'm missing...

Where did you purchase the MB4 from?

The HFP works better in many W221's.

If the display isnt on, then the viseeo is definately faulty - return it.

Where did you purchase the MB4 from?

The HFP works better in many W221's.

If the display isnt on, then the viseeo is definately faulty - return it.

I got it off a merchant on Amazon, and have a refund being processed. DPD are picking up the unit tomorrow.

Ordered an HFP, should get here by Thursday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom