vito 113 petrol poss stuck rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gsc1ugs

Hi

This vans been laid up 12 months and ran before that now a compression test gives

psi test
cylinder 1 = 170
cylinder 2 = 50
cylinder 3 = 0
cylinder 4 = 150

I'm wondering if rings could be stuck on 2 and 3 cylinders, its worth trying so could I put a lube down cylinders 2 and 3 see if anything happens and if so what?

Hi.
I would say more like valve seats... If those cylinders had valves open when parked up for 12 months... Most probably you now have some contamination / corrosion to the valve seats...
So not sealing

Could the timing have slipped/jumped? Maybe chain issue. Worth checking the basics first :)

Stuck or nearly-stuck valves on 2 and 3

Hi

This vans been laid up 12 months and ran before that now a compression test gives

psi test
cylinder 1 = 170
cylinder 2 = 50
cylinder 3 = 0
cylinder 4 = 150

I'm wondering if rings could be stuck on 2 and 3 cylinders, its worth trying so could I put a lube down cylinders 2 and 3 see if anything happens and if so what?
Previously have owned 2 113 petrols and the occasional overseas trip l left the vans sitting there for a few months ,on both occasion s sticking valves and lifters

l not sure if it will fix your problem. l dumped my oil and ran a 0w-30 thinner viscosity and it freed it up. You may already be running the viscosity being in uk "s colder climate .

How long does it take to get cam cover off? when I get a zero psi for one cylinder is that stuck? will an additive do the trick or should I take cam cover off see whats happening?

Get a heavy duty jump starter,make sure your battery is fully charged, set to cold start (max), spin over the engine in 10 second bursts to avoid overheating the starter motor.
Might take a while to get them freed up.
Repeat this until it fires up when the valves become unstuck (if your lucky).

Worth a shot before stripping anything down

I would fire some oil down the bores and crank her over with some added juice. If its the rings they will probably seal. If its the lifters then just keep cranking and the oil pressure will get up there!!!!

when you say added juice, power? I tried bump this last week but no joy so I don't think a booster packs gonna help, I tried bump a month back, didn't fire up so continued back towing, after 15 mins towing I tried again bumping and its started?

when you say added juice, power? I tried bump this last week but no joy so I don't think a booster packs gonna help, I tried bump a month back, didn't fire up so continued back towing, after 15 mins towing I tried again bumping and its started?

Try this method for longer ^^

Or .........

Booster pack is useless you need a proper battery cold start unit and proceed as in my earlier post.

Last edited:
This is where im up to, hows those cam cogs come
Off?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 26
Can someone help me and tell me the procedure putting chain back on the cams pls? TDC and cams locked, chain doesnt have be split does it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom