vito 115 cdi engine electronics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vtechnician

Car
mercedes c230 w202
I have a 639 vito with a 646 982 engine.
The engine will not rev past 3000rpm-limp mode.

Engine light is on and I am getting the following fault codes:
boost pressure sensor signal is incorrect
fuel rail pressure sensor signal
pedal position sensor signal
cyl 4 glow plug

I have replaced the boost pressure sensor and rail pressure sensor signal with second hand sensors and the code still does not clear.
I have tested the wiring for continuity to the cdi control unit plug.I have also checked for short circuits between the wires and earth and all tests ok.
The engine harness is still stock and hasnt been tampered with.
I am getting 4.9 volts to the boost pressure sensor and there is no voltage at the rail pressure sensor connector pins.

Could this likely be an issue with the CDI control unit?

It might pay you to take it to your local Indie & get them to put it on Star as it should find your fault for you. I've got to take mine in to see if I've got a fault with a sensor I've recently fitted!

We had it on the mb star c3 and we get the same codes as with the launch.The sensors that we used are all ok.I want to know if its a possibility that there might be something fried in the ecu.

Ecu !?

Before you replace ECU read this. My Vito 120 lost power while driving three times, sort of went into limp mode but no warning light. Stopped switch off wait 5 mins then away again all good. Fourth time I Was in Cornwall and it went totally into limp, went to Mercedes Turo spent 5 hours checking turbo,boost valve, wiring and turbo. No engine codes. Conclusion ECU has gone, send it to BBA reman ! So I did and was returned with letter saying beyond repair !! Are you asleep yet. :eek: spent months sending to other so called ECU repairers without joy, eventually decided to buy new ECU :( at £1500! Called at Mertrux Derby who said lets just check it over for an hour. An hour later after resetting the adaptations :dk: what are they ?? The mechanic got out and said, that go's like f*~k :bannana: so who do we trust in this crazy electronic world ? Good luck Trev.

Have u done any work to your van prior to it going into Limp mode??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom