Vito 120 Brabus tuning box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

okjc

Car
Vito Sport-X
Anyone know which tuning box would be used on a 120 vito sport-x? want to look out for one 2nd hand

If you have the OM164 engine, yes.

I trioed one on my ML, and at first I thought it wasn't working, didn't notice any improvement in performance at all.

When I checked the 0-60, it was nearly a second quicker, so that's quite a reasonable result.
Cruising MPG seems maybe slightly better but not much. If you mash it, you'll get through a lot more fuel, but yes, it';s definitely faster, just don't expect a kick ion the back.
After a few days, I took it off and gave it back to my neighbour who leant it to me, but occasionally, I miss that extra go, even though I didn't really feel it.

this is the one i need

Brabus Eco PowerXtra CDI Performance Kit D6(III) for Vito/V Class 3.0 CDI
Using the Vito/V Class W/V639 3.0 CDI as a base, this Brabus Eco PowerXtra CDI D6(III) kit will boost the performance of your car's OM642 engine with an extra 38bhp and a punchy 60Nm extra torque. It is suitable for models with a 5 speed gearbox. Requires tyres with minimum speed index V; Suitable for vehicles with engine output of 204bhp/150kW;. Brabus Part number 639-736-00.

Sounds good to me, but how does the engine stand up to the extra stress ? I intend towing a two axle caravan with my 120 and would like a bit more torque to be available when needed, but am not looking at giving it a lot of welly on a regular basis. I' saying I'd like a bit more, but I've not towed with it yet, so don't know. I've been using the wife's Santa Fe auto, which handles it pretty well and is stated to have the same 44onm torque output from a 2.2 litre engine ! I'm just assuming that there's a lot more torque in reserve with the 120 V6.

I tow a 1.5 tonne caravan with our Vito 120 and it has bags of power. If you plan on keeping it I would leave the engine stock, IMHO.

Thanks for the advice. I do expect to be able to tow the caravan without problem. I'll report back some time in the future. Our caravan is a little heavier, at 1.7 t loaded but it's also what's inside the van that adds to the total or train weight. I've got to get a tow bar fitted first, don't know whether to fit one myself or get it fitted. It's the electrics I don't like ! Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom