Vito 2004 trouble code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike-bennett

Car
mercedes
Hi

Got the following trouble code from my Texa 2359 turbo charger. Not really helpful, I had a quick look think it could be a pipe leaking EGR or turbo actuator.

Any other ideas?

Mike

Is it going into limp mode once you hit 3000rpm?....if so its likely to be a sticking actuator. Had this on a 2004 Vito that we had. Couldn't buy the actuator as a separate item as you can on some turbo's, so had to replace complete Turbo.....surprisingly Mercedes were far and a way the cheapest for a replacement and it came with a 2 year warranty.

Luckily the location of the turbo makes it easy to replace.

Sounds like my issue, I'll have a look

Thanks

So thought i would do an update after testing some more, i managed to do TEXA diagnostic tests on the EGR and injection system and a few other components including the turbo actuator.

The MAF sensor was the main line of enquiry and when looking at live data we couldnt see any variation in the pressure under load however on road tes we could see the pressure dropping from 14 psi to 0 psi and activating the MIL light. A new sensor seems to have cured this

The remaining fault code in P2043 cam sensor open circuit so thats the next thing to look at, we will probably need to put a scope on this as the live data only shows the cam speed and not the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom