Vito 2007 retrofit command, clocks & m/f steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brendan68

Car
Vito
Hi, is it possible to fit the NTG 2.5 nav with the better clocks (dash) & m/f steering wheel with controls into a standard 115cdi on a 57 plate?

Or is it a non starter?

Had enough trouble fitting a factory bulkhead with all the different trims :)

Thanks for any advice

Brendan

I will let you no, seem a close guarded secret on here.

Airbag with switch pack is doable you will need a new spiral as I am about to go pick mine up now.
NTG 2.5 is doable if you have the facelift dash, do you have Audio 5?
Cluster I have not started as yet but I think it will go in but might have to update the fuel sender.

Hi,

Yes audio 5 is in it, I'm looking into prices, £600 for the nav, £165 for the dash, still waiting on the steering wheel bits with the loom to the nav...

I looked for a 120cdi but all I could find was this. 115 but it has air con but would love the nav etc...

Thanks..

Hi,

Yes audio 5 is in it, I'm looking into prices, £600 for the nav, £165 for the dash, still waiting on the steering wheel bits with the loom to the nav...

I looked for a 120cdi but all I could find was this. 115 but it has air con but would love the nav etc...

Thanks..

All good, £165 is the cluster? sounds about right.
If you can solder you can buy a quadloc from nexus for £10, then you only need a mic and a bluetooth antenna.
Or comand on line do a kit for the job.
I found a nice new airbag last week but found you need the right spiral in the column for the extra wires, just picked that up, just over £60.
Also fitting cruse control as the wheel has to come off.
They forgot the to cover but can get that later.

Nice one! Your van is going to be some toy :)

Yes £165 for the cluster, how much did you pay for the air bag with switches, you wouldn't have any part numbers would you?

Do you know if all this requires any coding/modules to make the cluster work properly?

Thanks again your advice is greatly appreciated!

Brendan

Air bag was £120 with the switch pack plus £30 in fuel as he would not post it.
£60 for the spiral to wire it, £90 for the cruise control.
I have a cluster coming for £120, I won on ebay a new Audio 20 for £150 new in the box.

Buy an airbag and take it to MB so they get the right spiral pac for the airbag and switch pack, this then just replaces what is fitted.

Just come in from a day out side, all in but cannot see where the new cruise stalk plugs into!
Nothing works and will need coding.

I have more to do yet, puddle lights in the doors and power folding electric mirrors from a Viano all to go in before I go down to comand to get it all working with the right coding.

The surround from the audio 5 will fit the NTG 2.5, you need the frame from the radio and thats it, I fill the pen holder and painted mine silver, looks good.
The antenna is a diversity and I split it from the audio 20 to the front screen and then fitted a new antenna on the roof at the rear Celsus ICE - car audio accessories

It looks merc and works a treat, just pulled a power from the front antenna black and yellow wire up behind the light.
I have some pictures I will post later.

Last edited:
What a guy! Love the folding mirror idea!

I originally went to buy a new van but things have gone up a bit since my last purchase, 113 I know I bought a petrol van (silly man) but in 1999 £14.4k + VAT was a lot of money but fast forward to now & £30k + is crazy money.... I paid that for our LC LC4 but not for a van...

So I have some bits to find then! :)

If you could post the photos as you install it will help me,

Thanks again

Brendan..

Here you go

Last edited:
More pictures

Last edited:
last one

Last edited:
Fantastic, it should make it a lot easier for me thanks!

So once you fit the new cluster your set? The power folding mirrors are from a viano? I'll try & sorce those as well.

Not sure about the CC as mines not auto but it's fitted to lots of manual cars these days so why not!!

Just missed a new boxed set of sport X alloys :-( you haven't got any alloys you want to sell by any chance?

Mine must be the facelift model as it has the lower spec cluster with the new round clocks so hopefully I won't have to upgrade the fuel sender? As I quess that's on the tank? Long time since I dropped a fuel tank, had a 2000E & the filter was clogged! What a bitch...

Maybe I can get my iPhone to work with it, visiting my brother in FL this year I hired a Ford Edge! Bloody fantastic with Microsoft Sync just plug the USB in & everything worked!

That's what got me started!

Thanks Again

Brendan

If you have the later cluster you ok, could you pm me your vin so I can see what fuel sender you have?
or email to [email protected].
I have my eye on a pair of mirrors, the guy has two sets at £350 each.
No alloys sorry, you will find the tyres are as much or more than the wheels!
I sill have a long way to go with 5 channal Audison going in.
Your Iphone will work no problem there, you can get a kit from Command on line or the simple 3.5mm jack.

Last edited:
Hi, is it possible to fit the NTG 2.5 nav with the better clocks (dash) & m/f steering wheel with controls into a standard 115cdi on a 57 plate?

Or is it a non starter?

Had enough trouble fitting a factory bulkhead with all the different trims :)

Thanks for any advice

Brendan

Yes it is.

Vito/Viano/sprinters need extra special care when retrofitting NTG 2.5. We have seen two now that absolutely refused to be coded properly. It took an upgrade of some other components in the vehicle to make it all work properly.

Problem!
The plug in different only slight but different, pinout is the same.
Odd thing is my van is 07 but the cluster date is 04.
New cluster is 07.
Question is can you buy that plug, or cut the one I have?

Last edited:
One more, as you can see the plug is different, the new cluster has a AMP plug made buy TYCO in the USA, found the same On Jaguar cars buy you can get these from RS components bust what type.

Looking at the picture I need a new lens on that cluster!

Last edited:
Ok trim the small lugs one end and the plugs goes in but cluster stays off and nothing works without it in.
Put the old one back and all is still well.

What needs doing to the cluster?

Hello Zenman63,
This is one of the conversions i was looking to do, I've got an 06 plate van to do & wonder if the later ones might have the same plugs that are compatible? do these cluster's have all the same indicator/warning lights as our original ones?

When it works yes and more, but why does it not come on?
it plugs in ok, must need coding.
If i new it works I will buy new if I have to.
Just googling! it seems I can sort the milage ok but I think I will have to update the vin details.
We need some pros to help on this

Last edited:
Bloody hell, you can't win can you?

Can't understand why they can't use the same loom for all the models!

I got a drivers power fold mirror for £30! Let's see what comes in the post?

How much should I pay for the switch? Were is the power fold switch located ?

Thanks

Brendan

Zenman (and others viewing), the spiral you show in the pics is the standard spiral, the horn and buttons wire differently on the airbag-with-buttons. More wiring (at least) car side will be needed to connect the steering wheel button contact-spiral connections to where they need to go (lighting and EIS)

The cruise control wiring plug plugs into the EIS (ignition switch) - only one connection it can connect to, but adding the lever is only a small part of that job.

If going COMAND NTG2.5 you should put in the cruise control lever with the linguatronic lever (and extra wiring to EIS needed)

Lots of coding, datacard updates and some extra wiring in the car's loom.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom