Vito traveliner front passenger seating dec 2012 model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisbevanphoto

Car
vito traveliner
Hi all
i am looking at purchasing a vito traveliner 9 seats ( registered dec 2012 blue efficiency ), i have problems with insurance ( clean licence never had no points etc , companies saying its the 9 seats ) , so to make life easier i am looking to remove the front double passenger seats and replace with a single and obviously inform the dvla via the changes on v5 document , is there any problems in doing this regarding seat belting ? , myself i cannot not see it as the second seat belt is contained within the double seat unit and the other fixed as normal to the side interior , unless i am missing something ? , any help would be much appreciated , thanks chris

I'm sure it's possible ... there are a few people here who have done Vito seating mods and they will hopefully chime in. Be careful that the insurance companies won't then class it as "modified" though, which could be even worse!

Hello mate, its not too bad a job. Once you have removed the double seat, you then need to remove the strengthening bar from behind the seat. You could fit the single seat to the base you have but think its a different height to the standard single base. The only issue you will have is the SRS light but what you need to fit a 3ohm resistor into the cable then get someone with STAR to remove the fault code.
Hope that helps..

Hello and welcome aboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom