VITO W447- New Van Points, and Some Mods Advice..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz-M

Car
17' Flint Grey Vito 116 Auto
After buying my new Vito 116 a few months ago Im still loving it.

A few minor things Ive noticed though and wondered if any other owners have the same thing...

1: I get a static shock nearly every time I get out the van- very obvious!
2: Whirring noise from brakes if braking hard at speed, for a while (like motorway onto roundabout)
3: Very annoying light rattle at bulkhead- now sorted by loosening/retightening bolts at OSF top.

Anyone else noticed any of these?

Next thing is Id like to fit a subtle spoiler, as in one that could look factory-fit, but mine is barn doors and I cant see any available. Anyone know of them being available?

Id also like the chrome grille slats, not the sport style- you get a very rare other style that seem to be on taxis and some tourers. They are just straight chrome not got the triangular parts at the far ends like the standard common sport style. Anyone know of a supplier of these?

We definitely suffer a lack of modification choices compared to VW Transporter owners!!

Have you looked at V Class parts/accessories (both M-B and aftermarket)?

Most W639 Vito mods were Viano parts.

Hi Gaz,

I'm only getting one of your three listed issues. The bloody static shock. :crazy:

In my Van it sounds as if the fan or heater is still blowing or running about an hour after I've parked up ????

I get the static shock to!! And also the blowing from the air vents when the van is off any ideas?

If you're getting static shocks when you touch the vehicle, try wearing a different pair of shoes, preferably with black soles. Alternatively, though much more costly, try a different brand of tyre. Last 'solution' is to fit one of those dangly dischargers that dangles on the road at the rear of the car.

In my Van it sounds as if the fan or heater is still blowing or running about an hour after I've parked up ????

Certainly in the W639 there's a cooling fan on the electronics box inside the dash that runs for some time after switching off. Quite likely the 447 is the same.

Cheers that might explain the fan running issue

thought I'd ask on this thread:
1 - bonnet up, how to fiddle out the headlight bulb once the screwed cover plate is removed..?
2 - fog lights in bumper, how to access and replace..?
3 - there's an acre of space between the two front seats, and the seat bases have holes in the steelwork, yet I've not seen any aftermarket slot-in centre consoles that would offer a nice table/cup holder with stowage underneath - generally not impressed with the storage in the cabin, a step back from the W639 in that respect

Cant help RE lights but agree on cabin, its very small if you are in passenger side and massively smaller than the W639!

Im on 10k miles and my front tyres are heavily worn on outer edges, anyone else having this? Merc were supposed to get back to me after checking at service- surprise surprise Ive never heard back.

Love the van though its brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom