Vmax setup C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
I'm doing vmax again this year (next month) and will be taking the C63 for the first time. Last year I took my stage 2 A45 and managed a 158mph standing mile and 168mph 1.44mile trap. Other than the engine and exhaust mods the car ran stock, inc wheels and tryes.

My C63 has a V5 map and no other mods. What tyre pressures should I be running to take advantage of the high speed run? Has anyone here run their C63 at Vmax on the 1.44 mile straight? What speeds did you hit?

Eddie

(p.s, yes I know to take plenty of gorilla tape for the arches)

Get in touch with Rebellion Automotive.
They ran their C63 in Vmax last year i think.

I've been pretty close to Rebellion for a couple of years. My A45 was a Rebellion car.

In this case I'd like info from the wider community.

What date is VMAX next month?

Hit 190 before under tray ripped off at VMax.....sure Craig ran 196
Had my tyres filled with nitrogen at 35psi

I bet there are at the revised prices!

Stock car with a remap is circa 175mph.

S

New price is shocking.....I bet it could be cheaper to jump on ferry and rip down the Autobhan

I'm probably going to go to terminal velocity this year instead of Vmax anyone been there before or both for comparison?

£795 am I reading that right OMFG

£795 am I reading that right OMFG
You can do a PalmerSport day at the Bedford Autodrome ragging their kit instead of your own for that. And you get lunch ;)

The quality of the event at vmax vs others is not comparable. Cheap events use cheap safety teams etc. Vmax used their safety team last year after a car rolled at circa 200mph. You have to pay for the best in this game.

I pay £495 a car. If anyone is interested I can ask about pricing for you

The quality of the event at vmax vs others is not comparable. Cheap events use cheap safety teams etc. Vmax used their safety team last year after a car rolled at circa 200mph. You have to pay for the best in this game.

Agree Eddie it is a good day

However last one i was at the run up to the airfield was full of loose stone chips, and it felt more like a "posh boys club" than a underground Vmax event (it used to be seen as that, with a bit of kudos if you were invited)

If only doubling the cost of VMax200 every two years made it twice as good an event as two years before. It does ensure the event is for supercar owners only though.

I prefer the organisation of Terminal Velocity with instant speed results and run what you brung spirit of the event.

Racelogic seems like a good way to get an accurate speed reading too.

For that sort of money I'd be jumping on the ferry I think. Each to there own. Guess if you got the money flaunt it. I ain't got the money tho :fail

All previous entrants get the £495 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom