Volvo V50 - hmmmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
There's one parked outside looking very pretty - chrome mirrors, two tone leather upholstery - quite smart. Anyone have any experience of these?

I've not driven one, but if I had to have an ordinary car the V50 would be on the list..along with an Octavia

I can honestly say I have never been sat in my car looking at a Volvo V50 and think, mmmm thats pretty....

Not unless I was actually looking at a particular pretty volvo V50 driver or passenger :)

Flania1 has one and rates it. Not sure where he has got to though - not been on the forum for some time.

...when I say pretty - I mean smart I guess. :doh: I don't "fancy it" as such - that would mean being the subject of a Channel 5 documentary.

They're actually pretty decent cars, they're based on the Ford Focus (which is no bad thing). Great value for money and a decent image. I quite like Volvo's (ducks for cover) :p

My wife have a S40 R-Design. That is the one with spoilers, skirts and the two-tone leather. Is that what you mean?

Like this....
3549234584_28737939e8_b.jpg

3548424005_fe05daf4fb_b.jpg

Brilliant to drive by the way.

That's the thing - value for money. I suppose this means I'm officially getting old (damn) BUT - my boss has a V70 which is very comfy and well built - he's always been a fan. Good quality and at a good price with a respectable badge.

My wife have a S40 R-Design. That is the one with spoilers, skirts and the two-tone leather. Is that what you mean?

Like this....
3549234584_28737939e8_b.jpg

Brilliant to drive by the way.

Nice - but the estate version :)

I had a V70 D5 a few years ago. Very comfy, bit gruff, great radio. Cost me nothing other than service and brakes.

I would have another one. When I bought the W203 I was seriously thinking about a V50 D5.

I have a soft spot for Volvo's - have had a few V70 T5's and they are v good cars. I've always fancied a C30 T5, now at £10k they are incredible value.

Recent Volvos are very nice in my opinion. NewMB, your wife's car is lovely looking, not keen on the wing mirrors though.

Recent Volvos are very nice in my opinion. NewMB, your wife's car is lovely looking, not keen on the wing mirrors though.

Those mirrors are on the car sat outside - look good 'in the flesh'

I know 'less is more' and all that. But isn't that dash a bit drab!

Maybe it's nicer in the flesh, but it looks like an acre of grey plastic to look at sitting in the passenger seat :dk:

I agree that bit is very sparse, but the ultra simplistic design makes your eye focus on the floating console party piece. Here's the lap's eye view:

Last edited:
I was considering one of these but they are a bit too small in the boot dept for my requirements.

Scando bendy plywood - more Ikea than Aalto (who was a Fin btw) :D:rolleyes:

Ade

I had an S60 D5 before the E, it was a great car, was going to get an S80, then drove the E280 cdi Sport, job done. I do like Volvo's but they're not Mercedes.

I had an S60 D5 before the E, it was a great car, was going to get an S80, then drove the E280 cdi Sport, job done. I do like Volvo's but they're not Mercedes.

I couldn't agree more. A lot of Volvo drivers seems to change over to MB later in their car life.... many of my friends, my dad, me (with the exception of coming back after bad treatment from MB!).

Still, Volvo is NOT an MB, that's for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom