Vote on my MAE wheels

Like them or hate them?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
Ive had a really mixed response to the wheels on my CLK, some people love them and some hate them. I personally like them, just thought it would be interesting to see what people think.
13240313197095200590307AM.jpg

1324031319701213200592500AM.jpg

I like them .... but i'm not sure about on the CLK :eek:

They have that sort of early 90's Euro VW Jetta with a Zender spoiler retro look about them...

But generally , they are unusual , nice wheels, i've certainly never seen another set ...

And if you like them , thats what counts really... :)

Howard said:
And if you like them , thats what counts really... :)
Its personal taste at the end of the day, I love them, just thought it would be interesting to see what people thought.

Sorry, as you know I'm not a fan - look like plugholes :eek: but as you say, each to their own!

As i said, they are unusual .... and i like them too .....

I'm not trying to say they look bad on the CLK, its just because i've never seen a set on another Merc. they just don't look 'right '

Its not like, you know when you see some cars with wheels on and you think to yourself ' Dear God, that looks awful ....' , they look good, just unusual...

I don't think i'm coming across very well here, but at the end of the day i voted 'Yes' !! :D

stats007 said:
Sorry, as you know I'm not a fan - look like plugholes :eek: but as you say, each to their own!

It was your comment that prompted me to start the poll.

Not my thing either - sorry. But as has been said - it's what you like that matters - nothing else! ;)

Well I guess going for a Euro-style look was always going to be different.

90% against. You can have your own corner at the GTGs. :D

dont suit the clk at all mate, and any mb for that matter - sorry.

get the good old 18in amgs and it will look sweet.

Well theres no doubt on that then. The cars going up for sale after xmas, so the wheels are coming off before I advertise it (in light of the polls).
I really dont need 4 cars, and I think the CE should make a nice replacement.

the wheels look chav

i live in central london and with the notable exception of high end aftermarket tuners (e.g., brabus), i have NEVER witnessed a top end car (s600, ferrari, sl, 750, etc etc) on the street with ANY aftermarket monstrocities, be it body kit or wheels

they all appear to be OEM equipment, a darker colour and generally understated

the odd yellow lambo is an exception and some high end cars with middle eastern (and indecipherable) number plates

tells me everything i need to know

(the caveat paragraph: IMHO, just my taste, everyone is equal, don't mean to offend etc etc)

Not my cup of tea. Sorry.

BTW I wouldnt sell the car at all, at the very least not just after christmas. Bad time to sell any car let alone a cabrio. You will probably get a much better price/response to any advert when the sun is shinning and its a lot warmer!

Good luck

i dont mind some of the mae wheels in your link akash, but they look a bit fresher than yours? bit more modern interpretation of a similar design? May just be the car show sheen!!! ???? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom