w/s 211 e55k Seats? comfort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Please no one shoot me lol,

Does anyone else on here find the Dynamic seats harder or less comfortable than the Napia Leather seats in a Normal Avantgarde 211 or is it me?

Dont get me wrong they are ok, But i do find it hard to get a decent comfortable position on a longish journey, or am i doing something wrong?

When "Driving" the car there totally fine.

Also When you use the memory function does it store the lumber settings aswel as the Seat position?

Also just to add I do find the seats in the facelift "sport" 211 really uncomfortable.

Also When you use the memory function does it store the lumber settings aswel as the Seat position?

Maybe no help at all but my CL stores the lumbar support setting so I am guessing it probably does.

I found the front seats in the 2014 E63 really uncomfortable too.

No John, it does help, I thought it did but was alittle unsure.. And thinking about it your probably correct :)

My friends e320 cdi has the Napia Seats same as my old estate and you/i feel immediately comfortable in them, where as the Amg there fine until the miles mount up, Eg 100 or so

There is so many adjustments to do i suppose its trying to find the right one.

Have to be honest, I've found them some of the best/most comfortable seats out of all the cars I've owned/driven. Don't do many long journies nowadays but took my silver '55 over to Paris and back and felt pretty fresh when I got out each end. Most cars after a couple of hours you find yourself wriggling around etc. At least you've got that massage function too! :)

Maybe they suit different people/shapes/sizes differently?

Don't think the lumber is done on the memory, just the motor positions for the adjustments - never really thought about it though.

Of course Will totally appreciate what suits one person may not another, I will continue to have a play with the settings, i think im almost there lol.

I did 600 miles in one hit with the s211 i had and was totally fresh, The Amg id be certainly fiddling with the settings. But id get there alot quicker haha

My nappa covered Dynamic seats in the CLS55 were some of the most supportive seats I've ever sat in. The Sports seats in my Lexus are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in...

I miss the Dynamic function but admit the CLS seats didn't 'fit' my frame as well as the seats in the Lexus.

In the CLS I had two slightly different seat settings memorised and would switch between them on long journeys.

Not felt the need to do similarly in the Lexus

Still miss the extra support from the Dynamic seats though..

My nappa covered Dynamic seats in the CLS55 were some of the most supportive seats I've ever sat in. The Sports seats in my Lexus are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in...

I miss the Dynamic function but admit the CLS seats didn't 'fit' my frame as well as the seats in the Lexus.

In the CLS I had two slightly different seat settings memorised and would switch between them on long journeys.

Not felt the need to do similarly in the Lexus

Still miss the extra support from the Dynamic seats though..

Thats the other thing, The CLS seats are different slightly in design than in the w211 "cover wise" anyhow

find after about an hours driving I am adjusting either the lumbar or the seat squab to tilt a little more down...but I have had recent spine surgery so I guess if I was driving a four poster bed it might be the same. One thing though Gavin
as you know I have just replaced an air strut on mine & I have to say the overall suspension feel does feel a bit firmer on each setting since, little jiggly on certain surfaces, its similar but not as hard as my C32 AMG was? The seats in the e55 though are better than the C32 though.

Same here with the lumbar, and or squab, I noticed my 55k was firmer after 2x front struts also. :)

My E55K seats were Nappa leather too with dynamic function but I had them all switched off.

I found those seats pretty much on a par with the comfort seats in my Alpina and having driven it on holiday in Cornwall last year and many times in London, I did find them really comfortable. Saying that, it doesn't matter what I drive now, I need to get out and stretch my legs on long journies these days whereas I used to be able to drive many miles without having to get out.

It's taken a while to find a comfortable position in the CL although I think sometimes you think you find a position but then after a while I start to notice aches or similar. Then you change - so I find you have to tinker until you work out what suits for more than a few days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom