w114 engine transplant surgery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggya2

Hi, I have a 1975 280ce w114 and thinking of putting a 560sec engine and transmission in there has anyone got any technical advice regarding the crazy idea? Thanks

firstly do not do it, secondly u need to consider not only that but the diffs and the shaft for torque etc, if u r getting rid of yr engine gearbox let me know.

also value will be lowered even though u make super duper, but it is only for the person who want such a set just buy 560 sec instead to keep yr sanity

Thanks

I want to make my 280ce the ultimate coupe as I love it, and found the best mercedes engine to be 560sec v8. the straight six twin overhead cam is good but feel the v8 is the ultimate, I know value will depreciate and the transplant will be almost as hair ripping as buying an A class!lol! that is why I am so two minded but the extra horses and the v8 roar are just too good to almost do it for!:wallbash:

Hi, I have a 1975 280ce w114 and thinking of putting a 560sec engine and transmission in there has anyone got any technical advice regarding the crazy idea? Thanks

Yes . Go over to the Mercedes-190.co.uk website and contact a member there called OsirisV8

He has done a number of these conversions ( he did the W123 560 that appeared in Mercedes Enthusiast magazine and has a couple of others on the go just now ) .

It is what he does for a living , so he will be able to answer any questions you have .

I just bought a W115 on ebay which i would quite like to put a V8 into also. Maybe not a 560 though. Should be getting the car delivered sometime this week then start looking for an engine.

By all accounts , 500 is the best engine for these transplants : much more drivable at lower revs ; 560 has more power at top end , but is 'lumpy' at bottom .

I just bought a W115 on ebay which i would quite like to put a V8 into also. Maybe not a 560 though. Should be getting the car delivered sometime this week then start looking for an engine.

Does it have a WFX nr plate by any chance?

The front sub frame and on a W107 and W114 are the same so it's doable, you'll need to plumb in the electrics as you're using CIS-E instead of CIS but the engine and diff from a 560SEC will fit into a W114 chassis car.

It's been done a couple of times in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom