w123 240D: Squeeling sound when pressing and holding clutch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davelarue

Car
240D
...and the engine goes to a lower idle. When i release the clutch, the sound goes away, and engine idle is back to normal. I'v used the car daily for a while.

Any ideas what this is?

Thx,
davelarue

The clutch thrust bearing is shot. New clutch time.

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Confirmed....new clutch required.

Haynes manual will include gearbox removal instructions

Ok, so i bought a new clutch kit. What else should i change while the tranny is out? Clutch cylinder? Anything i should check on the tranny before installed it again?
Thx for your advice.

No need to change the clutch slave cylinder unless it is showing signs of leaking, it wouldnt do any harm to change the gearbox oil while you're under there.

Hi,
I personally would change the clutch cylinder as well, on my car though it looked easy to change in situ it proved to be very difficult to change on your back under the car also if it was to fail it and leak fluid it could contaminate your new clutch, the one for my car was less than £20.

Thanks for advice folks!
I bought a Sachs clutch kit locally, which is guess is OEM brand?
Looking around for Original Mercedes Brand Clutch master and slave cylinders. I checked out Ebay, but there are a lot of different brands. Which of these are OEM?
240D clutch cylinder | eBay

I'v got an euro version of course ;) I guess there is a difference between US and Euro?

Thx,
davelarue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom