W123 Estate Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W123chris

Car
W123 300TD
Hello, I'm hoping somebody a bit more knowledgable could perhaps shed some light on the rough valuation for my car,
Im certain shes not worth a fortune and needs slight things here and there but I'm having to sell her now and I don't want to get ripped off as a few folk say she could be worth at least a few bob these days
Here's a few details and picture's if anyone can help (black smudges is from the camera lens)

W123 - 300TD estate - 1986 - 159,000 miles
Manual 4-Speed
Red with cream leather Interior
Full Spec electrics package (electric FandR windows/Mirrors) Air Con, Cruise Con, heated windows.

She has Full service history including purchase receipt from Merc 1986, Haynes and workshop Manual, all guides and manuals from day released even stereo instructions - it has everything (picture's of her brand new at mercedes factory)
Generally free of rust except slight paint flaking to bottom of passenger rear door and bubble on the boot lid, boot lid paint is fading, front bumper has slight dint (as I say few bits needed for former glory)
Also advised will need a new fuel line fitting as has brittled, although starts first time and has been used regulary - 10 months MOT
Any thoughts much appreciated not trying to sell it here and now just need ball park figure as there isn't any of this model around, thanks chaps

Attachments

• 20170216_165741.jpg
    20170216_165741.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20170216_165716.jpg
    20170216_165716.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 41
  • 20170216_165654.jpg
    20170216_165654.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 42
Thats MB Tex not leather.. A major bonus in W123 owners eyes as that stuff will outlast the world.

Do you have the under dash panel etc? Best to take pics with it all complete.

Id think its probably a 4-5K car. Id spend some time cleaning it up and taking some nice pictures.

If the arches are really rust free, it will pay to remove those chrome covers as buyers will only assume they are hiding rust.

I knew that I just couldn't quite remember the term of material thanks bud, yes I do still have dash I'd taken it off perhaps my eyes are bad I didn't think anyone would notie haha but yes all complete, 4/5k sounds better I had already listed it for £2999 and the phone wouldn't stop all day so perhaps I've underpriced it slightly, thanks for the totips much appreciated I will get pics with the chrome arches off as well and take on advice :)

Hi , that is quite a tidy looking car , and a good spec for a 123 : particularly with air con as not so many in the U.K. got it . Electric windows and cruise not so uncommon but good selling points and as Jay says the MB Tex is quite desirable .

Is it a 5 seater or a 7 seater ? Both have their folllwing - more isn't always better ( storage under the floor in the 5 seaters ) .

These make great classic towcars- does it have a towbar ?

Things to watch for are rotting fuel/brake/self levelling pipes underneath at the back - I've had four 123/124 estates and all needed pipes replaced - expensive if paying someone else to do the work , not so costly but a pig of a job to do yourself .

Oh , if selling , work & lubricate that rear wiper till it parks correctly - they do tend to stick with lack of use and expensive to replace - but can usually be persuaded to work again .

Agree with Jays valuation , a nice car like that will top £3K as less tidy ones now go for that much . Yours is a nice colour , good spec , tidy in and out , and most importantly , looks original and not mucked about with - the steel wheels with trims point to that .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom