w124 200e imoboliser problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan12

Car
200e
Hi all

I recently brought a 200e I found the number plate lights do not work. Checked the fuses and bulbs they were all fine.

I then found 3 in line fuses near the battery. 1 holder was broken and one had no fuse in. I put a fuse in and for the first time the red led light by the steering wheel came on only issue now is the car won't start. I removed the fuse and disconnected and reconnected the battery to no avail

Can any one help me please

Thanks in advance Dan

When you put the fuse back in, you armed the alarm, this is probably why the car wont start.
You should do as follows;
Unlock the car by whatever means that you have… Remote fob or metal key blade?
Remove the fuse that you installed.

The fuse was probably removed to hide a faulty alarm or a faulty or missing remote fob.

What keys/remote fobs do you have, describe them all.

Dec

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Hi Dec

I removed the fuse, but car still won't start. Dash lights up but as soon as I go to start the car there is a click then all dies. My keys and metal with black plastic with a hole in the middle.

Cheers Dan

Attachments

• 14172771604511503111921.jpg
    14172771604511503111921.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi all

I recently brought a 200e I found the number plate lights do not work. Checked the fuses and bulbs they were all fine.

I then found 3 in line fuses near the battery. 1 holder was broken and one had no fuse in. I put a fuse in and for the first time the red led light by the steering wheel came on only issue now is the car won't start. I removed the fuse and disconnected and reconnected the battery to no avail

Can any one help me please

Thanks in advance Dan

What year is the car?

You need to put the fuse back in, then unlock the car at the drivers door, when you unlock the car, you also disarm the alarm and the immobiliser and car should then start, then remove the fuse to permanently disable the car alarm and the alarm immobiliser.

There must have been a reason that the fuse was missing, when you replaced the missing fuse it must have rearmed the alarm… “red led light by the steering wheel came on” … the red light would indicate that te alarm/immobiliser has been armed.

Any chance that your car battery is flat?

Dec

Dec
you are now my best mate :D
I cannot thank you enough.

Car started right up. When I brought the car the battery was dead.

was the fuse removed because of the dead battery?

Cheers Dan

What year is the car?

You say that when you put a new fuse that the red light came on, the red light would be to show that the alarm/immobiliser is armed… so the car will not start. There may be something wrong with the alarm/immobiliser and that’s why the fuse was removed by the last owner.

Dec

Edit, maybe the flat battery was the reason the fuse was removed, but you would think the would tell you that if it were only a flat battery fault.

Yeah, my car is a 1991 model, it's a bit odd. But as it works I won't mess with it :)

I was curious about the year of the car as it can give a good indication as to what type of electronic remote, if any, would have come with the car. Good luck with it anyway.

Dec

I have MB 200E 1991' model. I have difficult to start the engine after warming up for 30 minutes or more. There was no problem during cold start. The engine is not running smoothly after cold start and I have to step the gas pedal to increase the engine RPM for a minute then the engine will idle smoothly.
What is the possible caused ?
I have also changed the FPR, spark plugs and Accumulator and problem still remained.

Is there other parts or probably defective sensors related to the difficulty in starting after warm up ? This happened just 3 months ago. Engine was performing perfectly on the highway giving good power after restarting.

Is it advisable to add in fuel additive to the fuel system ?

Last edited:
Edward,

I think you'd probably get a better response if you start a new thread outlining your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom