W124 220 injection question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mario andretti

Car
220ce 300ce and 300se
I have a strange one here as I did the head on my 220. I disconnected the crank sensor and pulled the plugs so as to spin it over and bleed the tappets. But what I noticed was number one injector only was letting off a short spray of fuel as I would start to crank the engine.
Now I am wondering is this a cold start setup and is it normal operation.

No, not a cold start function. Disconnect the electrical plug and see if it still pass'es fuel.

Yeah it only happens when connected up so was leading me to think it was a start assist of some form.

That's weird. I've not come across another that does that.

What if you unplug the cam sensor?

Had the cam unplugged as going to go back at her this evening. The only thing I am thinking of is that the battery was running down and if she was pulling a feed back through the injector....

The reason I think it could be battery is that she really started to let fuel out as the battery got very low. I was only wondering if it was a cold start or priming thing as I know some Bosch system s fire all injectors together on the first sequence and then go sequential.

Well had a look at it and it looks like the engine ECU is after failing on it. Now just to find the reason for this.

off the topic but i need a little help. i have e220 with m111.960. the compression pressure range according to mercedes is 7.5 to 10 for fuel optimised m111.960 and 10.5 to 14 for m111.960. now i am a little confused which one applies as i could not find any information regarding fuel optimised m111.960 engine. my compression test results show 8.5 bars in all four cylinders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom