W124 250D Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The engine will last forever. So will any trip.

Like with all my cars, the plan is for it to be lowered quite substantially and then put some expensive wheels on it!

Well, onlookers won't need freeze-frame photos to make out what wheels are on it when it's moving. They might think it's been stuck to the floor though.

I am not immune to the charms of good wheels etc, but shouldn't there be some hint of sporting prowess attached to it? I drove a 3 litre version of this (the 12v) and that re-defined slow. I recall trying to get up a steep hill outside Cheltenham with my leg lifted off the seat frantically pumping the throttle in the vain hope of kickdown. I gave up and slunk behind the milk float* in the inner lane.

* it was a big milk lorry really, but it managed to overtake me in the crawler lane.

Haha, I dont intend on driving this fast - I have plans of an e36 328i track car and I have a r129 300sl for the summer, this will literally be for motorway driving etc

By lowering it, I mean no arch gap etc - im 21, so im going through that phase still!

That car will be the business,but you have to be a decent driver to make them work on hills etc,have one myself in red 92 one love it,overtook many a milk truck
keep it serviced and it will serve you well,

He ended up wanting to keep it, not surprised really - no point selling it for peanuts when its such a useful car to own

Once they're up there they're not that bad at all - I've a w123 300d which is more than good enough. It'll make any trip at 85mph - granted, less on a steep incline, but overall not shabby.

With a manual box it'll help the driver feel better! I've a 12v 300 and when it kick's down it picks up nicely, if the kick down falls you can always move the shift.

Don't be discouraged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom