W124 500TE - Lets do this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw you mentioned you are waiting for another run of lower wiring harnesses? I was getting funny oil pressure readings at high revs and after replacing the level sender, pressure sender, screen and pick-up I think it was my fettling of the lower wiring harness which cured it. When I asked Mercedes for a price it was around £300 but was then told they no longer supply them. I even tried to buy the connectors but only about 3 of the 7 or so were available.

Are they going to make some more still or is my parts guy not telling me right do you think?

Dave!

Dear Dave,

I cant see any more being made. They have been out for a while. It is rumoured that the last batch wasnt up to standard and was binned whilst they looked for a new supplier.

They can be rebuilt fairly easily, only the thin wires need replacement. The big POS cable is always ok.

Hello All!

Soon be spring, hopefully this project will complete in time to enjoy it during the nicer weather.

The bodyshop have everything ready for paint.

As for colour choice, I thought long and hard and have decided that I want to keep it 199 Blue Black.

It was very tempting to go for a 500E Ltd colour, but to do a colour change properly, it involves stripping down to bare shell. A lot more work and £££.

Both cars being 199 Blue Black, it’s the right thing to do. Besides I think it’s a lovely colour.

Hopefully some “colour” shots soon.

500te166.jpg

500te167.jpg

500te168.jpg

500te169.jpg

500te170.jpg

500te171.jpg

Blue/Black, a great Colour :)

A great choice of colour. You will not be disappointed. This will be such a great 'sleeper' car truly unique. Are you planning on bringing it to Benz on the Green? I would love to get some pics next to my 4-Matic.

A great choice of colour. You will not be disappointed. This will be such a great 'sleeper' car truly unique. Are you planning on bringing it to Benz on the Green? I would love to get some pics next to my 4-Matic.

I would like to make it, but I wont be able to commit until nearer the time... Ill have to hope for dropouts!

Jay

I'm willing to bet that they would give you a free pass if there is the slightest chance you get there in this unique beastie of a car. What a great photo opportunity that would be. Failing that then I need to plan with you to get up top your place for some pics.

I would like to make it, but I wont be able to commit until nearer the time... Ill have to hope for dropouts!

If you can't get in Jay you can have my place, which is paid for, and I'll leave my car elsewhere. Be worth it for me just to mooch round it...

As long as I get a few drinks later in the day I'll be happy. :)

If you can't get in Jay you can have my place, which is paid for, and I'll leave my car elsewhere. Be worth it for me just to mooch round it...

As long as I get a few drinks later in the day I'll be happy. :)

I’ll look after your car for you while you walk around, keep the fluids warm and all that :p:D

Jay when are you going to have another GTG ? The one i went too was fantastic and a long time ago, your collection was amazing and the venue was ideal.

And she is all painted.

Remarkably very few imperfections I can see.

Polishing is well underway, the roof was being done.

500te178.jpg

500te179.jpg

500te180.jpg

500te181.jpg

500te182.jpg

We need a ‘Forum DROOL Button’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay when are you going to have another GTG ? The one i went too was fantastic and a long time ago, your collection was amazing and the venue was ideal.

Id love to do one.. Looking at the calendar, the summer season is so busy with events. There are a lot of Official Mercedes club events, general big motorsport days, Goodwood etc.

Its difficult to find a weekend that may attract a good turnout.

Ill look into it again and see if we can make any August or early September weekends work.

Id love to do one.. Looking at the calendar, the summer season is so busy with events. There are a lot of Official Mercedes club events, general big motorsport days, Goodwood etc.

Its difficult to find a weekend that may attract a good turnout.

Ill look into it again and see if we can make any August or early September weekends work.

Jay

I would be up for this with the 300te 4-Matic.

Jay

This looks stunning. Not to steal any thunder. I had the front and rear screens replaced in my 4-Matic Wagon and it was massive improvement. It is one of these things that you don't really think about until it is done and then can't stop noticing the difference. Under neon lighting the glass just looks fantastic but can very easily drag down a beautiful paint job.

Well done you and your team for getting stuck in and thinking of these bits. Oh. I also fitted the 'Heko - smoked "in channel" wind deflectors'. They are such a good fit, out the box, they required NO clips (even though Heko supply them with the kit).

364d2367b7783c3868d7291810a75cea.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom