W124 aerial.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haggis2768

Car
s203,c124,w124,aprillai pegaso,,,,,been downsizeing lately!!
Wondering if anyone has any ideas about this.
The electric aerial on my s124 won't fully retract,I've tried cleaning and oiling it but it always stops at the same point on the way down?
Kinda expensive to replace the whole thing. the mast isn't bent.

There are plenty of aftermarket versions on ebay for around £20. Electric aerials ar a pointless load of tosh though, and will all eventually do the same.

Longer term I'd like to get mine removed and the whole welded up, with the aerial replaced by a wire version in the rear bumper. My w140 has this and the reception is fine. The aerial on the w124 estate is also a typical place for rust and water ingress. Quite simply they suck.

Check the code on top of the mast and check the price of a replacement with a main dealer to see if it’s as cheap as the eBay one linked below.
Genuine Merc W123 W124 S123 S124 Aerial Antenna Mast | eBay

Best to remove the existing mast first to check if it is indeed the cause of the fault.
There should be a How-To around here somewhere.

Dec

There are plenty of aftermarket versions on ebay for around £20. Electric aerials ar a pointless load of tosh though, and will all eventually do the same.

Longer term I'd like to get mine removed and the whole welded up, with the aerial replaced by a wire version in the rear bumper. My w140 has this and the reception is fine. The aerial on the w124 estate is also a typical place for rust and water ingress. Quite simply they suck.

Or you could replace the aerial mast with a genuine Hirschmann part for about £25

Nick Froome

Found the 'how to'
. many thanks all
Hopefully can sort this cheaply,,,too many cars,not enough money :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom