W124 Bonnet Insulation - Brand New MB Original Part

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pajohns6

Brand new Mercedes Benz W124 bonnet insulation.

Purchased to replace an original insulator tarnished by a power steering pump leak but never fitted.

Shipped from Stuttgart and still in unopened, original packaging.

I purchased a recommended adhesive at the time but this has now expired (picture included in case you need to order another can).

Cost over £70 new and looking for £45 now.

Due to size, collection only from Sheffield area.

Cheers.

E6EFFC58-D101-443C-88F2-F0085A80217B.jpg

3A755A64-B899-458D-873C-898A6DC56CE0.jpg

FB6E1CBE-0529-4B5F-BF14-398A7A523561.jpg

7DD59D8D-2C2B-4D9D-9A6A-E096DA704DE2.jpg

Hi Bruce.

That's great. I can't send PM yet for some reason.

Are you ok collecting from Sheffield. I'm around all week and Mon/Tues next week for collection.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete

I believe that you need more than 30 posts to use PM's. I can't PM you either?

I will get a courier to collect it for me if that is OK with you? Are you happy to use PayPal?

No worries, that's fine.

If you send me your email, I'll forward you the collection address and PayPal details.

Cheers,

Pete

Deal done via the forum & PayPal. Couriered overnight via Paisley Freight. Fitted today by me. Thank you Peter. The adhesive was perfect.

Last edited:
Drat! I was just about to tell you it would never fit your car and offer to take it off your hands... :doh:

I just got lucky with my timing here.

I used a wallpaper scraper to remove the old stuff - this had perished and was dropping crumbs all over the engine every time I went out. Then did a dry fit with the new one.

Covered the engine and front wings in the plastic bag that the new part came in (thank you Peter) and brushed on the adhesive with a six inch paste brush. The adhesive is like toffee, but was perfectly good. Messy but easy to apply. I left it for five minutes, then just went for it, sticking the center front first (that ensured it was square)

I have to say, it is one of these jobs that I knew I needed to do, but then kept finding other things to spend money on. I am very pleased with it now as it does finish the engine bay off nicely.

Bruce is that the glue you used ? I used the same make of glue on my car last year, and it fell off ha ha ..Just a joke .It looks nice now, like the rest of the car..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom