W124 Central Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrnick969

Car
Mercedes W124 300E 24v
Hello, I have not posted for a while as I have not had a Mercedes for a while.

I have recently got my self a nice W124 300te 24. The central locking does not work, the vacuum pump does not activate on turning the key in any lock. I presume something is wrong with the circuit board attached to the pump but I am not 100%, so it would be good if someone could confirm it.

I have disassembled the pump and can make the doors lock /unlock by activating the relays by hand so I know that the motor is all good. My main question regards the signals coming from the connector with three wires on it.

I have deduced that one wire is from the drivers door, one from the passenger door and one is from the boot lock. For all three, with a multimeter attached it will show 12v when the lock is unlocked and 0v when the lock is locked.

Is this how it should be? If so then I guess the conclusion is that something on the circuit board must be fried. Even though it all looks brand, every solder looks in perfect condition.

If anyone has any advice then it would be very appreciated, having no central locking is very annoying!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom