W124 convertible 320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

I'm on the lookout for a 320 powered w124 (a124) convertible.

I'm not terribly picky on spec but would prefer an interior in any colour other than mushroom (cream)

Must be a well sorted car

If anyone is selling let me know

Thanks a lot

also ensure the loom changed what is your budget

Up to 12k, I've seen a few and whilst shiny on the outside they have all needed welding to the inner wings and under the rear arches, all got rusty or badly painted bodywork too, I'm wondering if my budget is big enough!

When you say under the rear arches, can you describe in greater detail where exactly?

Thank you Dee

Dee-124CAB said:
When you say under the rear arches, can you describe in greater detail where exactly? Thank you Dee

I have seen them rusty and welded in front of the wheel where the rubber bungs are, the shock absorber top mounts, the arch itself, and the subframe mounting, I get that they are old cars now, but that has been accompanied by scabbiness on the bottoms of the doors, front inner wings, boot lid lips, filler cap drain holes etcetc

A car with non of that, in decent order that drives properly in the UK now would be roughly...

Mine is probably in the kinda sorted condition that you're looking for - i even pro-actively replaced the loom for a new unit from MB (invoice etc)...but my damn roof controller has gone to hell and sweet Lord, my car is worthless now :( I'm borderline tempted to buy a cheap E220, take the controller and then break the car to get whatever I can back from it.

With parts so rare and un-rusted ones hard to come by....we're going to see more and more of these in the scrapheap soon and the good ones will be expensive.

Celicasaur said:
Mine is probably in the kinda sorted condition that you're looking for - i even pro-actively replaced the loom for a new unit from MB (invoice etc)...but my damn roof controller has gone to hell and sweet Lord, my car is worthless now :( I'm borderline tempted to buy a cheap E220, take the controller and then break the car to get whatever I can back from it. With parts so rare and un-rusted ones hard to come by....we're going to see more and more of these in the scrapheap soon and the good ones will be expensive.

Ohbugger

I am actually picking up mine later this evening, a tourmaline green e320, the roof control is one issue I've not heard of, this one seems fine today but tomorrow who know?

This ones not perfect and was priced according toots condition so I'm happy

Good luck sorting your issue,a pain on a day like today

Good on you for getting one with a wind deflector.

Store the hood up = less wrinkles.

Need more pics, a few more questions... :)

Why did you decide to buy one,

How long would you like to keep it for...?

Is it s a 5 speed and,

Is there anything you'd like to get sorted...?

del320 said:
Is that a mushroom interior?

Ha ha, yes, sadly it is, but the choice out there is limited and I have to say that on balance I was swayed by the condition, the spec and the exterior colour

WDB124066 said:
Good on you for getting one with a wind deflector. Store the hood up = less wrinkles. Need more pics, a few more questions... :) Why did you decide to buy one, How long would you like to keep it for...? Is it s a 5 speed and, Is there anything you'd like to get sorted...?

More pics will follow when I get it outside, thanks for the tip ref hood.

I bought one as they are just fantastic cars, I have a coupe and estate as well, and have owned a couple of 220 cabs many years ago. I always wanted the 320 and now astheprices have fallen I decided to seek one out before they become unaffordable.

I plan for this car to be a keeper

It is the5 speed auto, so am awaiting that to go wrong

I have to say the chap I bought it from has kept right on top of the car , but it will need a new hood and some paintwork in the future to make it tip top, but in general it is a lovely car with full history and all the bills

It's also got a wood and leather steering wheel, and is a sportline,

Nice!

The five speeds are robust mechanically it's just a switch or solenoid that needs replacement from time to time.

Fellbach will sell you a rebuilt one or they will rebuild yours and test it.

One thing that gets overlooked on these is changing the roof hydraulic fluid.

I recently changed mine and the existing fluid was black and had lost much of its viscosity, It only takes an hour and fluid and filter are readily available from MB.

As for the five speed box, I wouldn't worry unduly. My one has 176 k on it and seems to be surviving with regular fund changes.

Take it for a drive today, bread and milk run....?

image-3457890535.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom