W124 Diesel Pump O rings leaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhuk

Car
w124 300td
Hello,

Quick questions. I'm running WVO/Diesel on my 300te (333900miles) It's a jan reg 93 estate.

I have the spline tool. The front two injector bosses had new seals about 5000miles. The back two are now leaking and when parked up hill I need to crank it over lots for some fuel. Also leaving stains everywhere.

Do I need to remove the inlet manifold to replace the last 4 O rings?

Space looks tight. Car is in London for the week with me and spline tool (it's a 1/2" tool) is back home.

Many thanks

Martin

i do hope its really a 300td and not a 300te ;) lol

anyway back your questions;

yes the manifold will have to come off if its a multivalve. i have no idea about the earlier cars. (1993 was the changeover year so hard to tell from the date).

have you checked the orings on the clear pipes too? these are easier to replace and may just solve the issue, unless you can see the leaking fuel?

Hi,
Had to look. It's a 300td

Yes the estate ;-)

It's the older engine so not a multi. I can see fuel leaking. It's always wet around the base of the splines.

Thanks

i assume if you can physically get to them then you can do the job with the manifold on. it would make no difference to the job, just a case of can you get access without removing the manifold.

i would guess it would need to come off.

Jus a word of warning try not to disturb or remove the delivery valve and the cylinder it's housed in. Also be careful you don't loose the spring that seats under the delivery valve.

I had my car of the road for over three weeks any way follow this link if you do have any problems.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engi...er-seal-change-fuel-pump-pressure-valves.html

Good luck

Jus a word of warning try not to disturb or remove the delivery valve and the cylinder it's housed in. Also be careful you don't loose the spring that seats under the delivery valve.

I had my car of the road for over three weeks any way follow this link if you do have any problems.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engi...er-seal-change-fuel-pump-pressure-valves.html

Good luck

indeed. dont touch anything under the copper washer. I fact touch as little as possible. pull off the oring, take off the copper washer with a small screwdriver, replace and refit. dont start taking stuff out if you dont need to. there is a how-to on here detailing how to do it on a W210 and it will be more or less the same on yours

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I need to perform this job. No problem obtaining the splined tool, but MB informs me that:

Injector Washers are £1.65 + VAT each and unfortunately the rubber o-rings are part of the injector and cannot be brought separately.
(An injector is £214 + VAT each).

Which rubber o-rings do I need to obtain? Are they the same Viton ones that I've done most of the fuel lines with so far?

TIA for any advice and thanks for the write ups so far, good to know what I'm attacking once I get everything together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom