w124 e200 power upgrades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IMD

Car
1997 SL500
Hi all,

Just a quick question...what options are available to upgrade the power of my 1995 e200 estate? Obviously the easiest and probably cheapest is to sell it and buy an e320! But...I fancy a project. I just bought it a couple of months ago and its currently an MOT failure, however I'm doing some work to it and aim to get it through soon.

What the most straightforward (and i appreciate that it won't be easy) upgrade, whether ECU wise or engine swap? I kinda fancy making myself a monster estate! A big project, but is is possible?

Any thoughts?

Ian

Absolutely no question of it - sell it any buy another. They're so cheap these days that for the price of yours + an MOT + even a hint of trying to make it go faster = a much, much better car.

My 300TE is smooth and powerful, cost peanuts and is great to drive.

124 estates are plentiful and cheap - definately look for a larger engined model if you're in any doubt.

Will

Will.. I didnt know you had a 300TE!! thats awesome, would be nice to see it at the next gtg

the best way is to sell and buy another.if you are thinking to replace the engine you also have to get ECU springs due to heavy engine gearbox even the instrument cluster,cos your one has top speed 150.so you need a whole car.if you decide to keep it you can get a custom manifold and power flow exhaust.they don`t add much anyway

Hi all,

Just a quick question...what options are available to upgrade the power of my 1995 e200 estate? Obviously the easiest and probably cheapest is to sell it and buy an e320! But...I fancy a project. I just bought it a couple of months ago and its currently an MOT failure, however I'm doing some work to it and aim to get it through soon.

What the most straightforward (and i appreciate that it won't be easy) upgrade, whether ECU wise or engine swap? I kinda fancy making myself a monster estate! A big project, but is is possible?

Any thoughts?

Ian

Fit a E220 engine, or even a 230K engine from a C-Class?

The c230k is a good option as is supercharged.

Will.. I didnt know you had a 300TE!! thats awesome, would be nice to see it at the next gtg

LOL - It's only an old workhorse, not a showhorse :eek:

Last night it had about 1 ton of soil in the back :eek::D

Great cars :cool:

Will

i`ve seen your 190 and has enough to show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom