W124 electric aerial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These motorised aerials are Hirschmann OEM with kits for fitting into various Mercedes. The aerial masts are available separately. I believe from memory that the mast code is stamped on the top of the mast - its there somewhere. Provided the bottom of the mast hasn't managed to weld itself into the aluminium casing, it is easy to disassemble the motor unit and replace. I took my old unit fully apart and saw that most of it was plainly knackered and bought a whole new unit - not cheap - but mast and motor now perfect for last 4 years.

hi problem with me is my aerial mast donot go down its always up even after switching off.
any light on this issue... Im thinking of firstly clean the electrical contacts... help me to solve this..

check its getting power to the aerial plug, when the radio is switched on first - as it may be not connected - its a blue wire on most set ups .#
If its getting 12v to the aerial set up, remove the whole set up- nut from the top of the wing & undo the bolt in the rear wing to pull the aerial down - it will be tricky with it fully extended - you might not have enough space in the boot without bending it.
Or connect 12v power to the plug/motor socket to see if it is free to move , if no power is getting to the aerial.
Any small bend in the mast will cause it to stick - if its getting power but not moving - you shopuld hear the winding motor running when you turn on - or turn off the radio .

its all a process of elimination

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom